Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Bowl Mania Pick'em 2018!

1 minute ago, Black-it-out-Frog! said:

Wtf.... the canceled the BC vs Bosie game? I had 25 pts on that game! Now those points can't be moved or lost. What a waste. 

At first, everybody lost the number of points you had on them. So, we all got dinked. That lasted for about an hour. We all had picked Boise. Then, apparently, there was a big outcry and they've now just taken the game away like it never was on there. WTG, ESPN.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Duquesne Frog said:

DUSHEE is definitely sweating Duke -Temple.  Had Temple with high confidence ...

I switched from Duke to Temple about 5 minutes before the game, luckily only had 3 points on 'em, tho.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:59 AM, Newbomb Turk said:

Screw Baylor.

South Carolina shit the bed today. I HAD 33PTS ON THAT GAME. They didn't even show up. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Black-it-out-Frog! said:

South Carolina shit the bed today. I HAD 33PTS ON THAT GAME. They didn't even show up. 

SEC teams always don't even show up for "lesser" bowls. It's a tradition. We should never forget that, I guess.

• Haha  (+1) 1

DUSHEE has been rotten this bowl season.  The only consolation is that Vegas and the other computer models have been rotten too ...

1 hour ago, Duquesne Frog said:

DUSHEE has been rotten this bowl season.  The only consolation is that Vegas and the other computer models have been rotten too ...

Ahem...Models are only as good as the analyst who inputs the rules they follow!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Obviously she's on performance enhancing drugs, or something.

It's the CBD oil. Shhhhh. Don't tell the league office.

• Haha  (+1) 2

Well, I'm 0/3 so far today. Let's see if the Rose Bowl helps my slate. 🤞🏻

5 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

You obviously need some modern drugs!!!

I picked OSU, but I really wouldn't mind a Huskies win. I pull for Petersen any time I can after fArt threw him under the bus.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

I was right...the damned SEC always fails to show for "lesser" bowls. Georgia cost me 40 damn points.

Joe Scarborough tweeted the usual "Georgia was disappointed that they didn't make the playoffs and didn't care about the game" excuse, to which I replied:

"In 2014, TCU went from #3 to #6 in the playoff rankings in the last week of the regular season.  They responded by prison-raping Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl 42-3. 

So why is it that SEC teams are so emotionally fragile and non-SEC teams DON'T MAKE EXCUSES???"

• Upvote (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Joe Scarborough tweeted the usual "Georgia was disappointed that they didn't make the playoffs and didn't care about the game" excuse, to which I replied:

"In 2014, TCU went from #3 to #6 in the playoff rankings in the last week of the regular season.  They responded by prison-raping Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl 42-3. 

So why is it that SEC teams are so emotionally fragile and non-SEC teams DON'T MAKE EXCUSES???"

You're getting pretty salty the closer you get to retirement. How many days is it? Should we start a countdown thread?

53 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

You're getting pretty salty the closer you get to retirement. How many days is it? Should we start a countdown thread?

4 weeks, 1 day, 2 hours, 46 minutes, and 30 seconds, but who's counting?

• Haha  (+1) 1

I think PD kicked our butts so decisively this year there is no catching her....

2 hours ago, gofrogs152 said:

I think PD kicked our butts so decisively this year there is no catching her....

Given how much this bowl season did not match "experts" predictions going in, I'm beginning to wonder if PD is Arnold Rothstein ...

I've mentioned before that my strategy is not to overthink this stuff. The option that ESPN added a couple of years ago to let them pick for you is very helpful. You can use it and then shuffle the confidence around to your liking. You also can change their picks, but that has proven not so successful to me several times.

Edit: And, I lost PLENTY of games with the "experts"!

4 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

I've mentioned before that my strategy is not to overthink this stuff. The option that ESPN added a couple of years ago to let them pick for you is very helpful. You can use it and then shuffle the confidence around to your liking. You also can change their picks, but that has proven not so successful to me several times.

Edit: And, I lost PLENTY of games with the "experts"!

So you're not denying that you are Arnold Rothstein?

50 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

So you're not denying that you are Arnold Rothstein?

Some have indeed called me the Brain of the operations previously.

• Upvote (+1) 1