Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Cheez-It Bowl ~ Frogs vs Cal ~ Wednesday Dec 26, 2018 8:00pm CT Phoenix, AZ

4 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I keep watching it, but it's still so hard to believe. It's better every loop. 😂

Posted for posterity. 

Not to be confused with posterior... 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Never seen a game like that. It was weirdly entertaining. 

I can’t believe, even with the injuries, that our passing game has gotten that inept. Yet the only way we could win- with power running- the OL and Sewo come through. And we overcome some coaching buffoonery in the kicking game along the way. 

Crazy. 

I was thinking the same thing. It was oddly entertaining. Like “who’s going to throw the next INT”. 

We played pretty awful. But Sewo put on his big boy pants. He’s earned some carries for next year. 

Question- I thought song was a redshirt junior. Is he not coming back?

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t understand why Bunce was even in there. If I read the stats on tv right, prior to either of their FG attempts, Song had a higher percentage ( 71 to 50) and a longer career long ( 46 to 41). Seems like Song should have kicked the first one.

14 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

I don’t understand why Bunce was even in there. If I read the stats on tv right, prior to either of their FG attempts, Song had a higher percentage ( 71 to 50) and a longer career long ( 46 to 41). Seems like Song should have kicked the first one.

That debacle is EXACTLY why we need to hire an actual special teams coach. I've never seen anything like that happen. He essentially iced his own kicker.

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 signs Cal-TCU was one of the most beautifully hideous bowls ever

8. TCU put in a QB with drop foot, a condition “caused by weakness or paralysis of the muscles involved in lifting the front part of the foot,” per the Mayo Clinic.

The words “he doesn’t have full use of one of his feet” was uttered by the broadcast booth regarding Justin Rogers.

What the shit is happening?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/27/18157269/cal-tcu-cheez-it-bowl-2018

Frogs win! Really glad they never gave up. At one point the team was on their 4th qb for the season. A lot of injuries. It looked bleak at points this season  and the team kept fighting

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most impressive part of this win was the offensive line in the second half. That bodes well for next year.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1 hour ago, frogtwang said:

8. TCU put in a QB with drop foot, a condition “caused by weakness or paralysis of the muscles involved in lifting the front part of the foot,” per the Mayo Clinic.

The words “he doesn’t have full use of one of his feet” was uttered by the broadcast booth regarding Justin Rogers.

What the shit is happening?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/27/18157269/cal-tcu-cheez-it-bowl-2018

The game is getting more press than any other meaningless bowl game I’ve ever seen. Several creative articles celebrating the ineptitude and bizarre aspects of the game. Lots of hilarious twitter activity. 

But one thing is for sure.  People who watched were hooked. It was an oddly entertaining game. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

8 hours ago, SuperToad said:

That debacle is EXACTLY why we need to hire an actual special teams coach. I've never seen anything like that happen. He essentially iced his own kicker.

Wait, we dont have a special teams coach????

That is seriously my dream job BTW.

32 minutes ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

The game is getting more press than any other meaningless bowl game I’ve ever seen. Several creative articles celebrating the ineptitude and bizarre aspects of the game. Lots of hilarious twitter activity. 

But one thing is for sure.  People who watched were hooked. It was an oddly entertaining game. 

Saw a tweet from someone that said something to effect of “take note bowl execs, TCU always ended up being involved in one of the most talked about bowl games of the season, good or bad” 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Another one that made me laugh said “Just think how bad the cheese nip bowl game would have been” 

• Haha  (+1) 1

Ana Marie Cox tweeted that the game needs a new sponsor: Sara Lee or Marie Calendar.

You know: someone who makes... turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

I stayed up so late just reading the hilarity on reddit and Twitter. You're right about how engaging that game was to everyone.

I know Mark Cohen was mortified that the accident happened, but I'm really happy that he's able to laugh it off now. I think it helped that CGP teased him in the presser after the game. “Jeeminy Christmas,” Patterson said. “That’s got to be the first time in 150 years of football that an SID got a penalty.”

3 hours ago, frogtwang said:

😂😂😂

This amazing, horrific, gorgeous game went to overtime.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was the #1 trending topic on Twitter both in the U.S. and around the world.  My favorite was the Cheez-it Bowl tweet renaming itself as the Cheez-Int Bowl.  They were trolling their own bowl!

• Upvote (+1) 2

My hubby went to bed and was asking today if we were all ready to pop a gasket.  Told him it was funny, but I thought we all took it in stride pretty well.  It was so absurd from almost the very beginning that you couldn't really get upset, you just had to go along for the ride.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1