Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Cheez-It Bowl ~ Frogs vs Cal ~ Wednesday Dec 26, 2018 8:00pm CT Phoenix, AZ

1 hour ago, AlohaFrog said:

Saw what you posted over there and need to point out that there are plenty of right wing jerks on this board.  I see one every time I look in a mirror.

I don't really think anybody over here is a jerk. I've always felt like egos are kept in check and nobody really tries to start fights over here. Can't say that about KF.

8 minutes ago, MercenaryLibrarian said:

I don't really think anybody over here is a jerk. I've always felt like egos are kept in check and nobody really tries to start fights over here. Can't say that about KF.

One of my best days ever was the day PD told me about this board.  I couldn't take the other board any longer.

Welcome JSC 76! We're happy you found us, with ML's help. :) Our board's a cheerful, drama-free place to hang out with very knowledgeable cfb fans and we look forward to your contributions.

So, you mentioned on your board that you like TCU's logo. How about our mighty Horned Frog mascot? Did you know he spits blood from his eye when he gets mad? How's that for awesome?! Y'all be sure not to piss him off. :D

4 hours ago, JSC 76 said:

Hey, TCU fans! 

Cal fan here, following a link provided by your MercenaryLibrarian.  Looking forward to offensive fireworks!  And happy to discuss the game, our respective teams, and anything Cal-related I can share.

Welcome to the board. Will you let us into the Pac-12? I once pooped and then claimed we were westward bound. Any help is much appreciated. 

I remember catching horny toads as a kid (here in California)....but I haven't seen one in the wild for a long long time.  Yes, blood spitting is gross/awesome.  Our mascot (the human in a costume version) drinks through a straw he sticks in his eye, which is kinda the same.

1 hour ago, Vlade Divac said:

Welcome to the board. Will you let us into the Pac-12? I once pooped and then claimed we were westward bound. Any help is much appreciated. 

Well, we let Arizona State in so our standards aren't insurmountable.  ;)

36 minutes ago, JSC 76 said:

Well, we let Arizona State in so our standards aren't insurmountable. ;)

Any truth to some rumors around these parts that Cal is very anti-letting in a “Christian” establishment? 

9 hours ago, Vlade Divac said:

Any truth to some rumors around these parts that Cal is very anti-letting in a “Christian” establishment? 

I've never heard any discussion on this topic, to be honest.  (I think USC started out with religious affiliation, but that was ancient history).  The closest I can think of concerns BYU -- that they would present a problem because they won't play basketball on Sundays, but not because the rest of the Pac-12 has any issues with their affiliation.

53 minutes ago, JSC 76 said:

Great article - thanks for sharing! 

By the way: does your lizard mascot have a name? 

Originally known as Addie (for the original name of the school, Add-Rand College, named for the founders), but sometime in the late 1970s/early 1980s, the mascot became known as Super Frog....You can guess as to the age of the alum/fan you're talking to if she/he knows "Addie".... LOL