Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Cheez-It Bowl ~ Frogs vs Cal ~ Wednesday Dec 26, 2018 8:00pm CT Phoenix, AZ

7 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

🤞🏻🙏🏻purple 🤞🏻🙏🏻purple🤞🏻🙏🏻purple🤞🏻🙏🏻purple🤞🏻🙏🏻purple🤞🏻🙏🏻

I will bet good money we wear this look:

Innis+Gaines+Valero+Alamo+Bowl+Stanford+

Which won’t look very good against Cal’s usual road blue/white/blue. Realistic best case is blue/white/white. Ideal would be a color-on-color matchup. 

0026094-ijdw-1280x720.jpg

Cal-Berkeley is a major research university and claims many notable and distinguished alumni who have invented, discovered and/or developed some of the world's most famous things (and ideas).  We can thank Cal for atomic bombs (J. Robert Oppenheimer);  the gargantuan Apple monopoly (Steve Wozniak); Iranian defense policy (Mustafa Chamron); deuterium (Harold Urey); the carpet bombing of Vietnam (Robert McNamara); the omnipresent semiconductor industry (Gordon Moore); Proposition 13 (Pete Wilson); Governor Moonbeam (Jerry Brown); Norwegian worldwide hegemony (Crown Prince Haakon Magnus); Federal Reserve policy (Janet Yellon); "To Kill a Mockingbird" (Gregory Peck); Star Trek (Chris Pine); hydrogen bombs (Edward Teller); Free Speech (Mario Savio); the destruction of Free Speech (President Freeman); the polygraph test (John Augustus Larson); and Dark Energy (Saul Perlmutter), among many others.  Ronald Reagan once described Cal as "a haven for communist sympathizers, protesters and sexual deviants."  Cal knocked TCU out of the NCAA tennis championships in 2016!  Maybe some of this was good or maybe it was bad, but there is no doubt that Cal's hegemonic domination of the world has to end on December 26!

10 hours ago, Vlade Divac said:

I will bet good money we wear this look:

Innis+Gaines+Valero+Alamo+Bowl+Stanford+

Which won’t look very good against Cal’s usual road blue/white/blue. Realistic best case is blue/white/white. Ideal would be a color-on-color matchup. 

0026094-ijdw-1280x720.jpg

Gary likes to have contrasting colors of helmets. I doubt we go with the matte purple lids if Cal wears their matte blue ones and I'm not sure if they have any other color. The closest we came to non contrasting helmets this season was against Baylor.  We wore matte purple and they wore matte black with the sailor bear but the blue and purple is a lot closer in color. My guess is purple chrome or one of the white ones so chrome/black/purple or white/purple/white is my guess.  Or, we could go back to a 2017 combo and wear white/black/white (cue PD booing).

3 hours ago, Jared said:

hydrogen bombs (Edward Teller); 

Bullshit.

Edward Teller was a self-promoting pretender.  

The hydrogen bomb was invented by Stanislaw Ulam and I’ll fight anyone who says it wasn’t.

In a duel.

H-bombs at twenty paces!

1 hour ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Bullshit.

Edward Teller was a self-promoting pretender.  

The hydrogen bomb was invented by Stanislaw Ulam and I’ll fight anyone who says it wasn’t.

In a duel.

H-bombs at twenty paces!

LIES! Teller and Ulam are the debbil! Bobby Boucher's Mama invented the Hydrogen Bomb!