Sign in to follow this  
Vlade Divac

Bowl Projections

As of Sunday 11/25. Yes, these are totally meaningless right now, but they give you a sense for the types of team we could face in each bowl. The biggest shift in type could be in the Cheez-It Bowl, which will be a MWC team (or BYU) most likely, unless Washington State drops out of the top 12. If WSU makes NY6, then the Pac-12 won't have enough teams to fill their slots. If WSU drops to 13+, Cheez will probably have Cal or Arizona State. And if OU makes the CFP and Sugar takes a second Big 12 team (not sure if they can if they're not top 12?), then we might have a shot at the Texas Bowl.

CBS/Jerry Palm: Liberty vs. South Carolina

College Football News: Liberty vs. Vanderbilt

Bleacher Report: Liberty vs. Vanderbilt

247Sports: Liberty vs. Vanderbilt

NBC/College Football Talk: Cheez-It vs. San Diego State

Sports Illustrated: Cheez-It vs. BYU

SB Nation: Cheez-It vs. Utah State

ESPN/Bonagura: Cheez-It vs. Boise State

Athlon: Armed Forces vs. Houston

ESPN/Sherman: Armed Forces vs. Temple

2 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

Cheez It, Cheez It, Cheez It, Cheez It, Cheez It, Cheez It, Cheez It, Cheez It, Cheez It, Cheez It . . .

I'm not buying a shirt unless it's from the premier snack food bowl. 

You might need to get in the zone. AutoZone. 

Good news with the rankings tonight. Washington State at 13 almost assures Cheez-It will get a Pac-12 team. And if OU can stay ahead of tOSU then all Big 12 teams move up a slot. 

Worst case scenario appears to be Armed Forces vs Army, but that’d mean Liberty and Cheez both taking Baylor and Ok State ahead of us. 

I really don't want to play A&M  in the Texas Bowl. I"m sure GP would have a good game plan for their offense but I'm not sure we would be able to score on them.  The last thing I want to do is end the season with a loss to A&M that we won't be able to avenge for who knows how long.  OSU would be a much better matchup for A&M if a Big 12 team has to play them.  OSU's explosive offense would probably give the Aggies fits.

I project:

Orange: Alabama/Oklahoma

Cotton: Clemson/Notre Dame

Rose: Ohio State/Washington

Sugar: Georgia/Texas 

Peach: Michigan/Florida

Fiesta: UCF/LSU

Alabama 13-0

Clemson 13-0

Notre Dame 12-0

Oklahoma 12-1

Ohio State 12-1

Georgia 11-2

Michigan 10-2

UCF 13-0

Washington 10-3

Florida 9-3

LSU 9-3

Penn State 9-3

Washington State 10-2

Texas 9-4

Kentucky 9-3

West Virginia 8-3

1 hour ago, Jared said:

Based on yesterday's results, I'll predict the Texas Bowl against Auburn.  Or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

That would be an incredible swing of events given where we all were after KU. I’m going to be happy with any of the popular options:

Texas vs. Auburn

Liberty vs. South Carolina 

Cheez vs. Cal

Oklahoma gets final spot in College Football Playoff

Georgia's loss was Oklahoma's gain.

The Sooners, who won the Big 12 title Saturday, claimed the last spot in the College Football Playoff over Ohio State and Georgia, which lost to Alabama in the SEC championship. Georgia had been No. 4 followed by Oklahoma and Ohio State.

The next three teams announced Sunday weren't a big surprise. No. 1 Alabama, No. 2 Clemson and No. 3 Notre Dame held on to their spots for the semifinal games to be played Dec. 29. The national championship game will be played Jan. 7 in Santa Clara, Calif.

Selection committee chairman Rob Mullens said that the difference for Oklahoma was being a one-loss team that won a conference championship and avenged its only loss.

Alabama will play Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl, while Notre Dame faces Clemson in the Cotton Bowl.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25432232/alabama-notre-dame-clemson-alabama-make-playoff

I’m jumping back and forth between this thread and the bowlselection thread on roddog.com, and I’m once again reminded of why I hang out over here.

Latest post on roddog.com: “Some of you guys are an absolute beating.”

Yep.