Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Coaching Carousel Thread 2018

Tee Martin has been let go as USC OC. My USC source has confirmed Kliff has visited LA. That’s all he can confirm. No word if he was on campus or met with anyone. Only that several people on the ground have spotted him in LA. I doubt it’s coincidence given the timing. That’d be a perfect hire. 

7 minutes ago, Vlade Divac said:

Tee Martin has been let go as USC OC. My USC source has confirmed Kliff has visited LA. That’s all he can confirm. No word if he was on campus or met with anyone. Only that several people on the ground have spotted him in LA. I doubt it’s coincidence given the timing. That’d be a perfect hire. 

It was probably just Ryan Gosling having lunch somewhere.  

1 hour ago, Vlade Divac said:

As I mentioned, this impacts TCU since our second game next year is at Purdue. 

Sources: Purdue coach Jeff Brohm meets with Louisville AD to discuss vacancy

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25396629/jeff-brohm-purdue-boilermakers-meets-louisville-cardinals-ad-vince-tyra

12 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Our trip to West Lafayette is going to be a challenge. Mark my word. 

Tech fans on their 247 board are delusional.  They thought they were getting Leach or Stoops and are pissed that it’ll probably be Wells or Leavitt.  I actually think Leavitt could be a great hire for them.  

Scott Polacek November 29, 2018

Former Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury may be headed west.

According to Chris Trevino of 247Sports' USCFootball.com, Kingsbury "agreed in principle" to the offensive coordinator job under head coach Clay Helton. However, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported the deal has not been finalized because Kingsbury is still considering offers in both the collegiate and NFL ranks.

What's more, Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports talked to Kingsbury's agent, Erik Burkhardt, who said, "It's premature to say that any decision (by Kliff) has been made."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2808468-conflicting-reports-surround-kliff-kingsbury-joining-usc-as-oc?src=rss

1 minute ago, Vlade Divac said:

My source says a Kliff to USC OC announcement could happen soon. 

lol. I was posting as you were. I wish bleacher report would put time stamps on their articles. Hard to know what's the latest news there.

Locksley expected to interview for Maryland job, per reports

Shortly after the conference title game, the Crimson Tide's offensive coordinator will interview for a head coach position.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/locksley-expected-to-interview-for-maryland-job-per-reports/

19 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Locksley expected to interview for Maryland job, per reports

Shortly after the conference title game, the Crimson Tide's offensive coordinator will interview for a head coach position.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/locksley-expected-to-interview-for-maryland-job-per-reports/

If Locksley's stint as a successful coordinator has rehabbed his reputation in order to get him another crack at being a head coach, I wonder if Kevin Steele might also at some point.  They were equally disastrous in their previous tries at head coaching.

If Locksley does go to Maryland, would Saban consider KK? And, if so, would the USC job be as attractive to KK since Helton's job next season would likely be pretty iffy unless they have a great season. If Helton got fired, KK wouldn't be in line to move up to HC there after just one year and with a new HC brought in from outside, KK would probably get the boot and be looking for a job again.

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

If Locksley's stint as a successful coordinator has rehabbed his reputation in order to get him another crack at being a head coach, I wonder if Kevin Steele might also at some point.  They were equally disastrous in their previous tries at head coaching.

His stint at UNM was an insult to dumpster fires ...

4 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

lol. I was posting as you were. I wish bleacher report would put time stamps on their articles. Hard to know what's the latest news there.

Coordinated leaks to drum up support. NFL pressure is getting serious but they can’t move as quick as college given where they are in the season. It’ll come down to how long Kliff wants to be a free agent. Multiple standing CFB offers but USC believes they’re the leading choice.