Sign in to follow this  
Lyle Lanley II

Future Frogs in the TX HS Football Playoffs

First round of the Texas High School Football playoffs is this week.  Here's the schedule for our future Frogs:

6A Division I:

-OL Brannon Brown (San Antonio O'Connor) vs. SA Reagan - 7:30pm Friday at Farris Stadium in Santone

6A Division II:

-DB Donavann Collins (Cedar Hill) vs. Richardson Pearce - 7:30pm Friday in Cedar Hill

-OL Marcus Williams (Longview) vs. Copperas Cove - 7:30pm Friday in Longview

-OL Andrew Coker (Katy Taylor) vs. Fort Bend Dulles - 7:30pm Friday at Mercer Stadium in Sugar Land

5A Division I:

-WR Blair Conwright (Lubbock Coronado) vs. El Paso Chapin - 7:00pm Friday at Lowrey Field in Lubbock

5A Division II: 

-LB/S Wyatt Harris & Colt Ellison (Aledo) vs. Seagoville - 7:00pm Thursday in Aledo

4A Division I:

-RB Daimarqua Foster (Wichita Falls Hirschi) vs. Pampa - 7:00pm Friday in Vernon

3A Division II:

-RB Darwin Barlow, WR Taumazia Brown & DB Josh Foster (Newton) vs. Omaha Paul Pewitt - 7:30pm Friday in Carthage

2A Division II:

-WR Dee Winters (Burton) vs. Chilton - 7:00pm Thursday at Green Stadium in Bryan

Note: DB Deshawn McCuin (Jacksonville) did not qualify for the playoffs.

The out of state guys:

-QB Max Duggan (Council Bluffs, Iowa - Lewis Central HS) lost in the Iowa 3A semifinals

-DT Karter Johnson (Pickerington, Ohio - Pickerington Central HS) - playing in the Ohio Division I regional finals this weekend

-LB Zach Marcheselli (Broken Arrow, Oklahoma) - playing in the Oklahoma 6A semifinals this weekend

First, the bad news of the future Frogs who had their seasons ended over the weekend:

-OL Brannon Brown and SA O'Connor were defeated by SA Reagan (Ty Summers' alma mater), 30-7

-DB Donavann Collins and Cedar Hill were defeated by Richardson Pearce, 23-21

Those moving on:

-OL Marcus Williams and Longview took down Copperas Cove, 70-22.  Up next: vs. Prosper, 7:00pm Saturday at The Star in Frisco.

-OL Andrew Coker and Katy Taylor took down Fort Bend Dulles, 28-23.  Up next: vs. Cy Creek, 7:00pm Friday at Legacy Stadium in Katy.

-WR Blair Conwright and Lubbock Coronado took down EP Chapin, 35-17.  I couldn't find Conwright's stats, but the game write-up I found mentioned that the entire Chapin game plan was built around double-teaming him.  Up next: vs. Azle, 11:00am Friday at Wildcat Stadium in Abilene.

-LB/S Wyatt Harris & Colt Ellison and Aledo took down Seagoville, 48-13.  Up next: vs. Lucas Lovejoy, 1:00pm Friday at Pennington Field in Bedford.

-RB Daimarqua Foster and Wichita Falls Hirschi took down Pampa, 56-23.  Foster rushed for 283 yards & 2 TDs but was ejected for what looked like a completely bogus targeting call while playing defense.  Up next: vs. San Angelo Lakeview, 2:00pm Saturday at Shotwell Stadium in Abilene.

-RB Darwin Barlow, WR Taumazia Brown & DB Josh Foster (Newton) took down Omaha Paul Pewitt, 69-0 (nice).  Couldn't find stats for them, but I'm guess they're impressive.  Up next: vs. Grand Saline, 3:00pm Friday in Henderson.

-WR Dee Winters and Burton took down Chilton, 59-13.  Couldn't find stats for him.  Up next: vs. LaPryor, noon Friday in Floresville.

The out of state guys:

-DT Karter Johnson (Pickerington, Ohio - Pickerington Central HS) - advanced to the Ohio Division I state semifinals on Friday.

-LB Zach Marcheselli (Broken Arrow, Oklahoma) - advanced to the Oklahoma 6A Division I state championship next Friday, 11/30.

I was hoping that the Azle/Coronado match up might've been closer to FW - I'm really intrigued by Conwright.  Also definitely want to see Daimarqua Foster & Hirschi play at some point.

Planning to go to JerruhWorld if Newton makes the 3A Division II title game.  It'd be the afternoon of Thursday, December 20th.

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

I was hoping that the Azle/Coronado match up might've been closer to FW

11:00am in Abilene on the day after Thanksgiving is a little far/very early for a young family. I bet the game audio will be online.

First, the bad news:

-OL Andrew Coker and Katy Taylor were defeated by Cy Creek, 24-14

-DT Karter Johnson (Pickerington, Ohio - Pickerington Central HS) - lost in the state semifinals

Those moving on:

-OL Marcus Williams and Longview took down Prosper, 63-17.  Up next: vs. Austin Vandegrift, 6:00pm Saturday at Baylor's BrickTarp Toilet.

-WR Blair Conwright and Lubbock Coronado took down Azle in a 41-34 thriller.  Azle had led by 14 with under 7 minutes to play, and even after a Coronado rally had lined up to kick what would've been a game-winning FG...but Coronado blocked it and returned it for a touchdown as the clock expired.  Whoa.  Conwright caught 14 passes for 152 yards and TD - and also added a kickoff return for a TD.  Up next: vs. Denton Ryan, 3:00pm Saturday at Wildcat Stadium in Abilene.

-LB/S Wyatt Harris & Colt Ellison and Aledo took down Lucas Lovejoy, 62-28.  Up next: vs. Dallas South Oak Cliff, 7:30pm Friday in Midlothian.

-RB Daimarqua Foster and Wichita Falls Hirschi took down San Angelo Lake View, 55-23.  Foster rushed for 306 yards & 5 TDs.  Up next: vs. Decatur, 7:00pm Friday in Graham.

-RB Darwin Barlow, WR Taumazia Brown & DB Josh Foster (Newton) took down Grand Saline, 59-5.  Couldn't find stats for them individually.  Up next: vs. Troup, 7:30pm Friday at Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches.

-WR Dee Winters and Burton took down LaPryor, 74-14.  Couldn't find stats for him.  Up next: vs. LaPryor, 7:30pm Friday in Rockdale.

The lone out of state guy still playing:

-LB Zach Marcheselli (Broken Arrow, Oklahoma) - facing Jenks in the Oklahoma 6A Division I state championship this coming Friday at 7:00pm

Seasons that ended this past weekend:

-Daimarqua Foster and Wichita Falls Hirschi fell to Decatur, 31-14.  Foster was held to 118 yards - his lowest total of the season.  He ends his senior year with exactly 2,800 rushing yards and 44 TDs - coming off of his 3,270-yard and 50-TD junior season.

-Blair Conwright and Lubbock Coronado were shut out by Denton Ryan, 30-0.  Conwright had 72 yards receiving in the game.

-Zach Marcheselli and his teammates at Broken Arrow (Okla.) defeated Jenks to win the Oklahoma 6A Division I state championship.  

Those advancing:

-Marcus Williams and Longview took down Austin Vandegrift, 56-28.  Up next: vs. Spring Westfield, 2:30pm Saturday at Waco ISD Stadium.

-Wyatt Harris, Colt Ellison and Aledo took down Dallas South Oak Cliff, 28-14.  Up next: vs. Frisco Reedy, 7:30pm Friday at Pennington Field in Bedford.

-Darwin Barlow, Taumazia Brown & Josh Foster (Newton) took down Troup, 69-14.  Barlow & Foster combined for 226 rushing yards and 6 TDs in the 1st half.  Up next: vs. Daingerfield, 7:30pm Friday in Lufkin.

-Dee Winters and Burton took down Granger, 47-7.  Up next: vs. Falls City, 7:30pm Thursday at the Alamodome.

Dee Winters' senior season at Burton has come to an end after they fell to Falls City, 30-28, on Thursday night.  Winters rushed for 192 yards and 3 TDs - but Burton's kicker missed what would've been a game-winning 27-yard field goal as time expired.  Ouch.

Those advancing the state semi-finals:

-Marcus Williams and Longview took down Spring Westfield, 14-0.  Up next: vs. Amarillo Tascosa, 8:00pm Saturday at JerryWorld.

-Wyatt Harris, Colt Ellison & Aledo took down Frisco Reedy, 26-16.  Up next: vs. Wichita Falls Rider, 8:00pm Friday at JerryWorld.

-Darwin Barlow, Taumazia Brown & Josh Foster (Newton) absolutley obliterated Daingerfield, 79-12.  Barlow had 118 yards rushing with 3 TDs to go along with 114 yards receiving with 2 more TDs.  Brown had a TD rushing, receiving and passing.  Foster threw for 3 TD and ran for another.  Up next: vs. East Bernard, 7:00pm Friday in Porter.

All of the Frogs who made the state semifinals are moving on to the state title games this week in Arlington!

-Marcus Williams & Longview took down Amarillo Tascosa, 45-42.  Up next: vs. Beaumont West Brook, 3:00pm Saturday for the 6A Division II State Championship

-Wyatt Harris, Colt Ellison & Aledo took down Wichita Falls Rider, 63-7.  Harris had an INT in the game.  Up next: vs. Fort Bend Marshall, 7:00pm Friday for the 5A Division II State Championship

-Darwin Barlow, Taumazia Brown & Josh Foster took down East Bernard, 21-14.  Barlow scored the game-winning TD with less than a minute left.  Up next: vs. Canadian, 3:00pm Thursday for the 3A Division II State Championship

18 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Pulling for Alvin Shadow Creek to beat Highland Park.

First year in UIL for ASC vs the most winningist program in Texas HS history. Should be fun

Crazy how successful the new schools in that area have been so early in their histories.  Manvel, George Ranch, Pearland Dawson, now Shadow Creek.  Dekaney, while on the polar opposite side of the Houston metro area, was also very good very soon after its founding.  

15 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Crazy how successful the new schools in that area have been so early in their histories.  Manvel, George Ranch, Pearland Dawson, now Shadow Creek.  Dekaney, while on the polar opposite side of the Houston metro area, was also very good very soon after its founding.  

Man there is something in the water down there. The Pearland little league is good year after year. Not to mention Pearland HS had been a Traditional power for years before they broke them up and opened Dawson.

Oh. And Nolan Ryan. 

Haha. I didn’t watch but 20 mins of playoff football this year but I did watch that catch. Glad I turned it on. 

It was interesting after the game. The raw emotion from a lot of these kids. You don’t really see that at any other level other than HS. Up to that point this all these kids have ever known and most have poured the last 6-8 years into it. Then when it’s over and reality hits you that you may never play a down again. Wow. I’ve been there and there isn’t really isn’t a good way to describe it. 

Those of you that watched the North Shore/Duncanville game know that wasn't a case where a pedestrian game stumbled into a memorable ending.  That was a great game from start to (unbelievable) finish.  

Five new Frogs earned state championship rings in their final high school seasons this fall: Wyatt Harris, Colt Ellison, Josh Foster, Marcus Williams and Zach Marcheselli.  Hopefully, Darwin Barlow and Taumazia Brown will sign on the dotted line in February to make it seven!