Sign in to follow this  
Vlade Divac

TCU @ W. Virginia

5 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

TCU +13.5 @ W. Virginia

¡Las ranas lo llevara a la casa! ¡Las ranas ganan este!

Frogs take it to the house! Frogs win this one!

That would be really great to see....Expectations at the beginning of the season were so high and we crashed so quickly and so deeply, that it's hard, I think, to feel as though those expectations could come to fruition at the end of the season....

We’ll need to win the turnover battle by +2.

We’ll need one of those turnovers to go back for 6.

We’ll need a special teams score. 

We’ll need a Safety to have the game of their life and somehow keep Sills under control in the slot. 

We’ll need the DL to hit Grier early and often. 

We’ll need to get the young WRs involved with bigs on the outside and #12 playing a Turpin role. 

We’ll need Jet to break a few big runs. 

If all of those things happen, we have a chance. But ALL of those things happening is very unlikely. 

West Virginia 45

Frogs 24

WVU is not invincible. They got thoroughly demolished by ISU: 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401013043

498 total yards to 152.  

Momentum, confidence, growth can change so much week to week in college football. We are 49th in S&P+ efficiency rankings.  ISU is 31st.  If they can have success against WVU so can we. Maybe everything can come together and we can save the season with an upset win!

...Or we could get blown out because Grier torches our suspect secondary.

50 minutes ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Momentum, confidence, growth can change so much week to week in college football. We are 49th in S&P+ efficiency rankings.  ISU is 31st.  If they can have success against WVU so can we. Maybe everything can come together and we can save the season with an upset win!

UPvote for this bit.

I hate to say it but this could be worse than the OU game. I don’t see us scoring enough or even much at all and they will be flying high plus our defensive injuries are too much. Road game as well makes my outlook bleak for this one. 

4 hours ago, Full house said:

I hate to say it but this could be worse than the OU game. I don’t see us scoring enough or even much at all and they will be flying high plus our defensive injuries are too much. Road game as well makes my outlook bleak for this one. 

I've only watched a few West Virginia games, but I don't think they have the OL, TE, or RBs that OU has. It's all about whether or not our CBs can hold up playing on an island while we try to lock down Sills in the slot. If we can do that (and it's a major if) and our offense doesn't turn the ball over, I think we can stay within striking distance.