Sign in to follow this  
froginaustin

Meacham fired by KU

That's too bad. I wonder if he wishes he hadn't left TCU? Hope he didn't burn any bridges.

2 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Strange...I actually thought their offense seemed a lot better this year.

You think correctly.  I had to look at numbers.  Kansas has scored 22 or more points 5 times this year (out of 6 games).  The last time they scored 22 points or more 5 times in a season was 2012 and that was for the whole season.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Story from the Kansas City paper ...

David Beaty fires offensive coordinator, will take over KU’s play-calling duties

The relationship between the two appears to have degraded over time. KU has not been able to settle on a quarterback through six weeks, and starting in Week 2, Beaty was spotted on the sideline with a headset and offensive play call sheet, which was different from previous games. Beaty still reiterated, when asked about the change, that Meacham was calling every play, while quarterback Carter Stanley also said two weeks ago that he was receiving the offensive plays from Meacham.

KU ranks eighth in the Big 12 in scoring average this season, though some of that production has been helped by the team’s defense, which leads the nation in takeaways. The Jayhawks’ 5.3 yards per play ranks last in the conference.