Sign in to follow this  
Newbomb Turk

This is the Newly-Renamed Baseball Season Thread

Hopefully, nobody was waiting on me to post this, but GA tickets went on sale several days ago...

On 1/29/2019 at 10:12 AM, Lyle Lanley II said:

Good write-up from a student scribe:

TCU360.com: Baseball looks to return to winning reputation in 2019

...with a bit of bad news buried in it: Caleb Sloan has an elbow injury that will land him on the shelf, alongside Russell Smith, for the entire 2019 season.

It was a decent write-up but it failed to mention either Tattaglia or his nefarious profession.

• Haha  (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like they kept all of the good uniform options we had, and added more.  Most notable addition is an alternate version of the Sunday throw-backs with pinstripes.

11 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Looks like they kept all of the good uniform options we had, and added more.  Most notable addition is an alternate version of the Sunday throw-backs with pinstripes.

LOVE the pinstripes!

• Like (+1) 2

D1Baseball.com: Inside the Boom of Early-Season Tournaments

-Kind of odd that they omit TCU when talking about the tournament at Enron, but whatever

-Good mention of the tournament the Rangers are planning to start at their new Enron Clone over in Arlington in 2021, of which the Frogs will be involved in the inaugural edition (and I'd assume on a fairly regular basis thereafter).  I'll probably be a regular attendee regardless of the Frogs' inclusion any given year.

-I was not aware the Roughriders have been running a tournament in Frisco the last few years.  I know we probably have a few on this board that reside in Collin County that would disagree with me, but I'm glad to not be involved in that one.  I'd be all over Frisco hosting the Big 12 Tournament, though.  

-Sounds like the tournament the Frogs are playing in this year out in Arizona is part of a sub-trend of getting top programs in front of pro scouts during spring training.  For that reason, I'd guess we'll be playing in the desert many Februarys (Februaries?).

In the lastest "From the Desk of #ADJD"  (there are many problems with that title):

BASEBALL CHANGES
As another TCU Baseball season nears, with the Feb. 19 home opener rapidly approaching, please note, we will have some game-day policy changes at Charlie and Marie Lupton Baseball Stadium at Williams-Reilly Field. All tickets will now be scanned and student IDs swiped. Also, due to beer sales, there will be no more in-and-out privileges. Upon leaving, a new ticket will be required for re-entry into the stadium.

We also have several new initiatives for Friday and Saturday home games. On Friday nights, Live at Lupton will take place in Lot 13 with live music and family entertainment. We'll then have Triple Play Saturdays with pregame $5 brats, burgers and beer, available from the time gates open, one hour before first pitch, to the start of the game. Play ball!

Per the Game Notes on GoFrogs.com:

-Starting rotation will be Lodolo vs. Fullerton on Friday, Janczak vs. UVA on Saturday and Williamson vs. Vanderbilt on Sunday

-Lineup looks like it'll be:

C- Humphreys

1B - Guenther/Shepherd

2B - Henry

SS - Wolfe

3B - Goodloe/Frew (per Carlos Mendez' twitter, Oviedo is out for the weekend with an arm injury that isn't considered a long term concern)

LF - Watson

CF - Rizer

RF - Keefer

DH - Isola/Brown

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Wolfe new. No?

Yep - he and Henry were JUCO teammates.  Both apparently have a little pop at the plate, too.

According to some that were listening to the coaches' show on the radio, Saarloos said that first shot at closing duty goes to Marcelo Perez, the freshman from Laredo - and that Haylen Green will begin the season with midweek starting duties.

If that form holds, you're looking at middle-relief options that include Coughlin, Mihlbauer, Eissler and King.  Wow.

• Like (+1) 1

Would be nice if the audio was actually audible. Sounds like they’re broadcasting from a tin can at the bottom of a trash barrel...  

Tunein link to KTCU http://tun.in/sesml

• Thanks (+1) 2

I have no idea why a university with such resources as our can't get that damn FrogVision thing to work correctly. It's embarrassing. Thanks for the save, Twango.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1