Sign in to follow this  
Newbomb Turk

TCU Baseball 2019 - The Season of Josh Watson’s Record

8 hours ago, Jared said:

Perhaps that was posted by a Razorback long-timer who remembers all the great internet battles the Froghorn used to get into with hogville between 1923 and 1991 back when we were both in the SWC.;)

Ain’t no flame war like a ten key flame war.

• Like (+1) 1

Texas Tech and Oklahoma State are into the finals of their brackets tonight. West Virginia plays A&M for elimination and Baylor is in an elimination game with UCLA this afternoon.

I wonder if there is any chance they save Janczak for a possible evening game.  Might be the only chance at Arky twice.

I'm not sure if it matters all that much.  Basically, we need to win 3 straight games and we've really only got one starting pitcher and if we lose once, then we're done.  So do you play one at a time just to advance or do you plan ahead assuming you'll win?  Tough call.  That's what gets Schloss the big bucks.  I'd probably hold Janny for later but that probably means that we'll lose to Central Connecticut and he won't get to play all series.

Aggies trailing the Eers 2-love.

Both King and Williamson went short on Friday.  I'm guessing Janczak goes this afternoon and one of them tries to go hero mode tonight if we win ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Both King and Williamson went short on Friday.  I'm guessing Janczak goes this afternoon and one of them tries to go hero mode tonight if we win ...

So who would go tomorrow? Lol 

Let's go Froggies! Listening on the ferry to Victoria, BC. Thanks for the audio link @Feeling Froggy! 😘

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rothbardian said:

Dawson Barr to start things off...

You got it. Hope we can beat them 26-24, I really want JJ to get another game in a Frog uniform.

Blast from The Big Gun, Frogs lead 2-1 after one.

• Like (+1) 2

Their stat page is limited on their site, but a high team ERA for the season.   I like TCU going for the tournament win and not just the next game win with our pitching.

http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/sports/bsb/2018-19/teams/centralconnst?view=splits&pos=p

I think TCU can win out in a hitters match up.  It is not a given though as they did make the tournament and knocked Cal out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just got home so just going through the numbers.  Looks like they are starting a guy that is normally in the pen with a good 2.31 era, and we got 2 runs early.  That is a good sign.

• Like (+1) 1

Ouch. Watson and Riser collide at full speed, but they appear to be OK. And Riser held onto the ball to end the inning. Looked like a 3-run inside the park homer until we saw he made the catch.

• Like (+1) 2

Some numbers:

7 three seeds are in the winners bracket.  8 one seeds are in the winners bracket.  Not that big of a difference.  Plus 1 two and four seed each.  There is a 3 and 4 seed in Greenville still, thus the 17 teams.

6 SEC teams and 2 Big 12 teams are in winners bracket.  Also about 5 teams from the smaller conferences

• Like (+1) 1

I like Oveido but he’s a butcher at SS. Do we have someone else next year? Or is he our guy again?

6 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

I like Oveido but he’s a butcher at SS. Do we have someone else next year? Or is he our guy again?

Hopefully we have a good recruit coming in that can field but may not be the best hitter.  That way they make it on campus and not go straight to the minors.

21 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

There are two shortstops on the recruit list. We'll have to wait and see if they are an improvement. I agree Oviedo lacks range and arm for SS, would be better at second base. And Henry would be better in the outfield.

How many times do you tell a pitcher, "just throw strikes, make them hit it?" That's what Eissler is doing today. Not walking anyone but a lot of pitches in the middle of the zone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

How are those Aggies doing today?  I think they're playing a team from the weak Big 12 today?

B7, WVU 9 - Texas A&M 1.

Must be an error on the part of the WVU scoreboard, ESPN, StatBroadcast, and anyone else keeping track.

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Some real defense being displayed In this game. Their center fielder catches everything that doesn't leave the park.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1