Sign in to follow this  
Newbomb Turk

TCU Baseball 2019 - The Season of Josh Watson’s Record

Way to go, NCAA!

Now earn it, Frogs. Cut out the errors, make the plays, deliver hits with runners on base, throw strikes. Win the damn thing!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If (BIG if) Janczak's tournament performance is sustainable, that gives us a 3-man starting rotation (Lodolo, King, Janczak) you can kinda, sorta hang your hat on.  Then we just have to hope they can go deep enough and get enough run support to hold on when the bullpen comes in ...

• Upvote (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

we-ve-created-the-world-s-greatest-ice-cream-sundae

Just for you  EP!!

Sweet lord have mercy, I want that whole thing right now and it's only 9:00am. You have to share it, EP!

• Upvote (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Sweet lord have mercy, I want that whole thing right now and it's only 9:00am. You have to share it, EP!

ITs mine, mine

…..my precious

• Haha  (+1) 3

D1baseball has us as the almost unanimous surprise of the selection process ("difficult to defend" and "unprecedented" among the descriptors), the only exception being one guy who is irritated that the committee paired up a bunch of regionals where the top seeds are from the same conference.  And a couple of the writers picked Lodolo vs. Cal's Jared Horn as the best pitching matchup of the opening round ...

https://d1baseball.com/postseason/regionals-roundtable-staff-takes-on-field-of-64/

• Like (+1) 1

Are we gonna start Lodolololol in the first game or hold him until (if) we play Arkansas?

Also, is there any truth to the TexAgs conspiracy theory that TCU only got into the tourney because CDMFC was not only on the Selection Committee but dominated it solely to benefit his conference and former school?

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Jared said:

Also, is there any truth to the TexAgs conspiracy theory 

The answer to any question that starts with this is always no.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

By reading the responses I don't think many people are happy with TCU getting in

Time for the team to prove them wrong and the committee right. Just keep fighting and get back to Omaha.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jared said:

Are we gonna start Lodolololol in the first game or hold him until (if) we play Arkansas?

I think Cal's best hitters are right handed. That probably favors Janczak and/or King for the first game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I am going to believe Janczak figured something out and will be back to form this weekend.  If that is the case, I don't think it matters, in general, who is game 1 or 2, just get the best pitching match ups vs the hitters they will face.  If he is not back to form , I doubt we advance anyway against Cal and Arky.

• Like (+1) 2

I find all the complaining about this year funny.  In the past there was all this moaning about not seeding the teams, so this year they are seeded and now people don't like the match ups.  There was complaining about the strong use of RPI and I think they used other metrics this year and still complaining.  I feel bad for the committee people.

• Like (+1) 1

Second guessing selection committees is an American pastime, and like it or not, we're just gonna have to sit back and take it this year because TCU was the last team in and our RPI is 59 and I have to admit that I was astonished to see that we got a bid.  Like has been said by others, we're just going to have to go out and prove the committee right and the critics wrong by winning our regional and sending the Cal Bears and the Pigs (and Central Connecticut) home for the summer.  Wasn't Fresno State a #3 seed when they won the CWS a decade or so back?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jared said:

Wasn't Fresno State a #3 seed when they won the CWS a decade or so back?

They were a 4 seed!

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Jared said:

Second guessing selection committees is an American pastime, and like it or not, we're just gonna have to sit back and take it this year because TCU was the last team in and our RPI is 59 and I have to admit that I was astonished to see that we got a bid.  Like has been said by others, we're just going to have to go out and prove the committee right and the critics wrong by winning our regional and sending the Cal Bears and the Pigs (and Central Connecticut) home for the summer.  Wasn't Fresno State a #3 seed when they won the CWS a decade or so back?

Taking a look-

They were a 4 seed that year. 

We were actually a 3 seed in the Ok. state regional. Lost to Wichita state in game 1. Won game two. Then we’re eliminated by OSU. I have zero recollection of that year. We had Carp and Arrieta and Cashner that year?

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Taking a look-

They were a 4 seed that year. 

We were actually a 3 seed in the Ok. state regional. Lost to Wichita state in game 1. Won game two. Then we’re eliminated by OSU. I have zero recollection of that year. We had Carp and Arrieta and Cashner that year?

Looks like we had Carp and Cashner (and Holaday), but not Arrieta ...

https://gofrogs.com/roster.aspx?roster=10&path=baseball

• Like (+1) 2

Arkansas is blowing out Central Connecticut 9-2 in the 6th.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Jared said:

Arkansas is blowing out Central Connecticut 9-2 in the 6th.

We want the hogs!!

• Like (+1) 1

Through 5 1/3, Tech was working on a no hitter. ESPN strikes again. The announcer (not Kaylee Hartung, though) starts talking about it, and immediately Army gets a single.

The Mouse must hate baseball.

• Haha  (+1) 1