Sign in to follow this  
Newbomb Turk

TCU Baseball 2019 - The Season of Josh Watson’s Record

Added an insurance run in the 5th but left the bases loaded.  Might come back to haunt us.  15-1 Frogs ...

• Like (+1) 2

Well, I'm not having the Yard Sale of the Century every time the Frogs need a boost, y'all. I'll do my part again tomorrow, but somebody else needs to take over after that. I joined in the 4th inning just as things got fun, so I'm taking credit for a little bit of today. 😆

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Endless Purple said:

TCU is playing Baylor in an elimination game tonight at 7.

Would be pretty sweet to eliminate them after what happened last year.

Do we have to win the entire thing to make an Regional? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Would be pretty sweet to eliminate them after what happened last year.

Do we have to win the entire thing to make an Regional? 

Absolutely!

I believe so. I think that I saw D1 had OU as one of the first 4 or 5 out the other day, and their RPI was much better than ours (losing to Lamar killed us). I don't think that just advancing through our side of the bracket past both Baylor and Okie Lite would be enough to put us in. I think the only way at this point is to get the guaranteed berth by being the Tournament Champs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Feeling Froggy said:

Absolutely!

I believe so. I think that I saw D1 had OU as one of the first 4 or 5 out the other day, and their RPI was much better than ours (losing to Lamar killed us). I don't think that just advancing through our side of the bracket past both Baylor and Okie Lite would be enough to put us in. I think the only way at this point is to get the guaranteed berth by being the Tournament Champs.

I don't know much about RPI- can one bad loss really tank you that bad?

23 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

I don't know much about RPI- can one bad loss really tank you that bad?

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/rpi-live

OU is 43, we are 71. If I remember correctly, we had fallen to a high 80-something after Lamar, so the 1 win against Tech and the win against OU bounced us up around 15 spots. The losses to Tech (x2) and Okie Lite didn't hurt as bad, because we weren't expected to win those games. But losing to a team that you are expected to win against (like Lamar) will sink it like the Titanic.

71 is a ways off from what they will want come selection time, so wins against Baylor (RPI of 27), Okie Lite (would need to be twice; RPI of 7), and the other side of Tech (10)/West Virginia (11)/Kansas (59) would plant us in good shape RPI-wise. The auto-bid would seal it, too.

(That would also put us as a combined record of conference play (11-13) and tournament play (5-1) of 16-14. They are big on having a .500 or better record against your conference mates when it comes down to selection time.)

• Like (+1) 2

Kansas falls to Tech in the elimination game on the other side of the bracket. 7-5 Red Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1

Wish they would have set up rules to call it after 7 if the rain came in.  Hopefully they at least suspend play for the night and send the players to the hotels soon.  Would really suck for both teams to keep the players there until midnight and then decide to finish in the morning.  Finishing the game either way, and you might as well just agree OSU will win tomorrow at least once.

Whether they finish tonight or tomorrow, I imagine that's it for Williamson. Over 100 pitches and he will have to warm up again. So we will need the bullpen for the last two innings, and that means we need some more runs.

T8

The game resumes and Rizer strikes out, Henry grounds out and Shep strikes out.

5-2 Frogs

B8

Haylen starts to strike out Ron Howard.

Cal comes in.

Strike out. 2 away.

Single.

Fly out to Watson at the track.

5-2 TCU

• Upvote (+1) 1

T9

Humphreys pops out to 3rd base.

Keefer blasts a liner right into 2nd baseman's glove. 2 outs.

Goodloe strikes out.

5-2 Good guys