Sign in to follow this  
Newbomb Turk

TCU Baseball 2019 - The Season of Josh Watson’s Record

Took my ut friend Friday night.  Orange tears flowed.  

Last night I took my grandson that I thought was a Frog fan, but found out today he wore a Whoren shirt under his regular shirt.  Got to meet the dapper Turk and lovely Mrs. Turk.  Not a pretty game.

Today I took my ut friend again.  About drowned in the car on the way home from crocodile orange tears.

It was a good weekend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

That grandson would have a lot of work to do to get back on Santa's nice list if it were me, Zebra. 👿

• Upvote (+1) 1

That phrase better be on a t-shirt real soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

That grandson would have a lot of work to do to get back on Santa's nice list if it were me, Zebra. 👿

He will always be on Santa’s list.  For being a 14 yr. old, he’s a great kid.  Not many that age will tell me he loves me whenever we part.  Just wish he would get a little bigger.  I’m hoping for a growth spurt soon.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zebra Frog said:

He will always be on Santa’s list.  For being a 14 yr. old, he’s a great kid.  Not many that age will tell me he loves me whenever we part.  Just wish he would get a little bigger.  I’m hoping for a growth spurt soon.  

That's obviously because you're a super grandpa. 💜

11 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

I know how you feel.  My son is a senior in high school and has decided to go to UT.  He got into the business school there and TCU only offered him $18k a year in scholarship money (tuition is $49k).  Consequently, even with the $18k scholarship, UT is about 1/3 the price.  So, for 1/3 the cost, the chance to get away from home and go to the #6 ranked undergraduate business school in the country, he chose UT.  I'm kind of glad because I want him to get away and experience new things but it is still a shock when I come home from work and the LHN is on and he's watching UT baseball games or when he texts me links to stories about their stadium upgrade.  The real kick in the pants came this weekend when he took down the TCU memorabilia in his room.  He told me I could take it up to the office and hang it up there.  However, he was conflicted enough about the baseball games this weekend that he didn't go on Sunday even after someone offered him a ticket. I still don't know what I'm going to do with a picture of Tank Carder and a wooden purple cut out of Texas with the TCU logo.   

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

OurStadium_BreakingT_shirt.0.jpg

There's also this one. Both are kind of meh.

560.jpg

19 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I TOTALLY picked the right year to retire.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1

We probably shouldn't take UTRGV too lightly.  They're 15-9 on the year with wins over Oklahoma State and Kansas State under their belt - and gave the Longhorns all they could handle in a 4-3 Tuesday night loss in Austin a few weeks back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dawson Barr on the bump this afternoon.

For the Vaqueros, it'll be 6'3" righty junior Nick Hollas.  He's 0-2 with a 7.00 ERA in 5 starts, a 1.72 WHIP and .312 opponents' batting average.  

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

We probably shouldn't take UTRGV too lightly.  They're 15-9 on the year with wins over Oklahoma State and Kansas State under their belt - and gave the Longhorns all they could handle in a 4-3 Tuesday night loss in Austin a few weeks back.

With the way things have gone so far, should we take anyone lightly?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, there goes the no-hitter.  RGV gets a lead off single to RF on the second pitch.

Double to RF, runners on 2nd & 3rd, no outs.

Sac fly to RF, throw to the plate not in time, 1-0 RGV, runner on 3rd, one out.

Strike out, two away.

STRUCK HIM OUT!  

1-0 UTRGV going into B1.

Wolf Hunter leads off B1. Pop up to SS, one out.

Air Mail. DOUBLES.

Alex Isola. HBP, bases 67% reptilian.

A foul ball during Isola’s at bat nearly took out an oblivious member of the geriatric squad a few riws over from the TurkVision broadcast booth.

Jake Guenther. Welcome aboard Guenther Airlines.  Our course this afternoon takes us to the RF wall on our way to 3-1 TCU lead.

Austin Henry. Fly out to CF, twi away.

Johnny Rocket. Gets to 2nd on a LF error.

Adam Oviedo. Ground out to 3B.

3-1 TCU Horned Frogs after one inning.

• Like (+1) 1

Lead off HBP for RGV in T2.

Runner steals 2nd.

Fly out to SS, one away, runner holds at 2nd.

Strike out after an HBP.  Apparently, this home plate ump ain’t putting up with no foolishness.  Play is under review.

(I’m told that RGV has the 2nd highest HBP numbers in the country.)

And the review confirms the strike out.  Gotta avoid the pitch.

RGV coach gets a warning from the home plate ump.  Disrespectful, apparently. Another warning and it’ll go on his permanent record.

Double, 3-2, still two outs.

Ground out to 3B.

Vaqueros pick up a run in T2, 3-2 Frogs.

The Clapper leads off B2. Strike out.

Zach Humphreys. Ground out to 2B.

Wolf Hunter. Strike out.  This home plate ump has a really weird strike zone.

3-2 Frogs after two.