Sign in to follow this  
Newbomb Turk

TCU Baseball 2019 - Confirmed: Lupton Magic is REAL

Player Nicknames:

Josh Watson - Air Mail

Johnny Rizer - Johnny Rocket (although “Spiderman” might be used on occasion)

Hunter Wolfe - Wolf Hunter

Jake Eissler - Ice Man

Alan Oviedo - Irish Television

Connor Shepherd - The Clapper

Charles King - King Charles

Brad Czerziejewski - Brad Smith

Dean Frew - rotating references to Australian history, points of interest, or fauna

Jake Guenther - The Big Gun

Marcelo Perez - Gasolina

House rules:

1) When any player not having a nickname hits a home run, he is referred to as “Air <<surname>>” for the rest of that game.

2) Nicknames apply only when the player is in the batters box.  When base running or playing defense, surnames will be used.

3) Newbomb retains the right to suspend the rules.

Season Schedule:  https://gofrogs.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball&schedule=403

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

When does the Turkvision schedule come out?

I'm projecting more TurkVision broadcasts this season, simply because I'll be retired by the time baseball season starts.

(On the other hand, if I'm off in the wilds of the Southwest walking through archaeological sites or on the San Juan River casting flies, there might be a service interruption or two.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

How's your heart schedule lookin'?

10mi.jpg

That little dogleg that I do over by the DMC is where I detour to rub the horned frog statue's nose three times.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

10mi.jpg

That little dogleg that I do over by the DMC is where I detour to rub the horned frog statue's nose three times.

That's amazing! I'm so proud of you! Are you still eating vegan, too?

15 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

That's amazing! I'm so proud of you! Are you still eating vegan, too?

Yup. 

I allow myself an order of ceviche Yucateco over at La Playa Maya on Hemphill once a month, but staying with the plan otherwise.

(The dietician at Carter Rehab suggested occasional fish, so I don't feel much guilt.)

• Like (+1) 3

WTG Newbomb.  I had quadruple bypass February 2017 (thank the Lord I caught it before I had a heart attack) and I switched to a Pesce-vegan diet as well.

Once you get use to it and learn how to be creative with spices, cooking methods, etc. it's not too bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

I'm projecting more TurkVision broadcasts this season, simply because I'll be retired by the time baseball season starts.

(On the other hand, if I'm off in the wilds of the Southwest walking through archaeological sites or on the San Juan River casting flies, there might be a service interruption or two.)

TurkVision is a national treasure BTW.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Frog1422 said:

WTG Newbomb.  I had quadruple bypass February 2017 (thank the Lord I caught it before I had a heart attack) and I switched to a Pesce-vegan diet as well.

Once you get use to it and learn how to be creative with spices, cooking methods, etc. it's not too bad.

Good job, 22! 

+1 on your final comment.  I've said this before, but I'm amazed at how deprived I DON'T feel on this diet.  (Being able to eat all you want helps a lot.)

I go through a lot of hot sauce, and I make "hummus" with a distinctly Tex-Mex character.  Once you figure out that you can sauté onions and garlic in vegetable broth instead of olive oil, that opens up a whole lot of recipes that would otherwise be off the list.

And the 115 total cholesterol is a nice reward...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I went out to a bit of the scrimmage on Sunday.  Didn't watch enough to tell you about who really stood out, but from what I saw (and have heard) there are a few returning starters who are not guaranteed to keep those duties:

A few of the JUCO newcomers to keep an eye on:

-Jake Guenther at 1B

-Austin Henry at 2B (Boulware was playing in CF while I watched)

-Hunter Wolfe at SS

-Andrew Keefer at 3B

-Alex Isola at C

• Thanks (+1) 2

Really looking forward to baseball this year...especially given the fall we've had.

Question: Are there .m38u streams of baseball? I've had trouble seeing baseball since gofrogs quit carrying it.

32 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Question: Are there .m38u streams of baseball? I've had trouble seeing baseball since gofrogs quit carrying it.

Audio .m3u8 streams should be available probably around 95+% of the time. Video is more hit or miss and probably in the 66-75% range. Big ifs are cenetered around where the game is being played. If I can find a stream, I will have it posted in the Gameday thread.

(Baseball is my favorite Frog sport, so I usually become more tenacious about searching for streams if I have difficulty finding a working one initially.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good Lord in heaven, are we cursed. (That's not a question.) I want 2018 to end so badly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't know if there's something to read into this, or if it's just a temporary technical issue on gofrogs.com - but Coby Boulware is not currently listed on the roster.  He was as recently as Monday.