Sign in to follow this  
Newbomb Turk

It is NOT too early to start a 2019 Baseball Thread

Coby Boulware's disappearance from the online roster was explained this morning, when Kendall Rogers tweeted that he is transferring to Arkansas.  He'll redshirt while sitting out the 2019 season, then be eligible again as a sophomore in 2020.  Best of luck in Fayetteville, Coby.

When I watched a bit of one of the fall scrimmages, it looked like Coby's job at 2B had been taken by Austin Henry, a JUCO transfer originally from Ann Arbor, Michigan who hit .459 with 11 HR and 89 RBI in 63 games for Walters State last year.  

Vote for this kid who landscapes the baseball field! He's so committed to his job. Also, he's a great follow on Twitter. Here's the link to vote and the photo you're looking for is at the bottom of this post: https://woobox.com/xtvqwj

Baseball recruits are usually not announced, but I found this today:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/baseball/byrne-leads-cbc-baseball-class-to-next-level-by-picking/article_0db7a440-e85b-11e8-98e2-8bee8c4d7595.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Burner I'm moving your info on this catcher to the 2019 Baseball thread so we can keep things tidy. :D

Not 2019 baseball, but thought it was interesting that Feltman was listed as one of five most important players to lead the Red Sox to their next title, along with Mookie, Benintendi, Devers and prospect Jay Groome:

https://www.pitcherlist.com/dynasty-days-of-christmas-5-golden-rings-red-sox/

Does anyone have a guess when we might see a roster of this year's baseball team? No new guys on GoFrogs.com. If they are selling season tickets, you would think people might be interested in who is going to play.

48 minutes ago, Burner said:

Does anyone have a guess when we might see a roster of this year's baseball team? No new guys on GoFrogs.com. If they are selling season tickets, you would think people might be interested in who is going to play.

Last year, they didn't update the roster until right after the spring semester started.  So I'd guess we'll see a new roster in the next week or so.

56 minutes ago, Burner said:

Is this not the roster you're looking for, Burner?

https://gofrogs.com/roster.aspx?path=baseball

49 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

That version doesn't have any of the freshmen or other newcomers included.

Sorry. I saw the two redshirters listed and thought it was complete. However, now that I look again, it does look pretty sparse.

The updated roster is now on gofrogs.com.  

A few surprise names not on it:

-Jordan Parker, the JUCO outfielder who'd changed his commitment from Arizona to TCU late in the game

-Bryson Jackson, who I assume is still recovering from the injury he suffered in football two-a-days

-Wesley Gafford, the RHP from Georgetown 

...and a few new names beyond what I was aware of in the fall:

-John Kodros, a sophomore LHP originally from Coppell that's transferred in from LSU - where he was 1-1 with a 4.66 ERA in 15 relief appearances last year

-Dean Frew, a JUCO transfer infielder from Hill College (where he hit .340 with 11 HR last year) that's originally from Australia

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

-Dean Frew, a JUCO transfer infielder from Hill College (where he hit .340 with 11 HR last year) that's originally from Australia

Oh good, since Cam Warner left, we've had an opening for an Australian Hill College player. Maybe that was the problem last year.