Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Week 5

4 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

I really didn't mean to take a shot at Shawn. That kind of offensive game plan will get us murdered against OU, WVU and Okie State, though. There's no substitute for experience. By his last year, Kenny had mostly learned to go downfield when he needed to. We just don't have that this year. I hope we can open things up against higher-scoring opponents, but I'm not sure we have the offensive personnel in general at this point. I hate to see GP moving away from a high-powered, up-tempo offense and back to his comfort zone (which was getting us killed until Meachem/Cumbie came along), but I'm not sure he has a choice right now. 

Agree on all fronts.  The offensive mistakes have been ludicrous this year, so Gary is forcing the offense to go super conservative.  Even at that, we had 3 turnovers Saturday.

Good look/analysis of our OL woes, we need this cleaned up or won't matter who is at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

I think we potentially have a very good offensive line of McKinney, Iwuagwu, Hollins, Myers and Niang. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get all five of those on the field at the same time, and it is a big dropoff to any of the second string.

I think poor Lynn was trying to do a Boykin. Or, maybe Lynn Swann is his hero. Yeah, it was a dumb move right at the time, but give the boy credit for trying hard.

17 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I think poor Lynn was trying to do a Boykin. Or, maybe Lynn Swann is his hero. Yeah, it was a dumb move right at the time, but give the boy credit for trying hard.

No credit.  He's a damn TE going against a DB.  Both hands on the ball and run over the guy. 

1 minute ago, Duquesne Frog said:

No credit.  He's a damn TE going against a DB.  Both hands on the ball and run over the guy. 

You were pretty worked up in chat about it. I see you haven't let it go yet.

3 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

If I'm LRBW2XAPCotYGMFP, Lynn does nothing all week but run stadium stairs and Oklahoma drills.  Completely changed the game.  I'm using the mental replay of that as my motivation in Chicago on Sunday ...

14 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

This.  Tight ends do not hurdle people.  They run them over.  That is all.

13 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Knee pads....

• Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

This.  Tight ends do not hurdle people.  They run them over.  That is all.

Knee pads....

tenor.gif?itemid=12577950

• Upvote (+1) 4

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

If I was 6'6" and 265 I would be trucking people all day long.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Duquesne Frog said:

horned-frogs-tight-end-artayvious-lynn-a

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

I think the last sophomore to start at TCU was Casey Pachall in 2011. Through 5 games...

Pachall 104/149 for 1,179 yards 13 TDs 2 INTs 32 rushes for 50 yards and 1 TD (@ Baylor, @ AF, UL-Monroe, Portland State, SMU)

Robinson 95/151 for 1,023 yards 7 TDs 6 INTs 40 rushes for 188 yards and 3 TDs (Southern, @ SMU, OSU, @ Texas, ISU)

12 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

I think the last sophomore to start at TCU was Casey Pachall in 2011. Through 5 games...

Pachall 104/149 for 1,179 yards 13 TDs 2 INTs 32 rushes for 50 yards and 1 TD (@ Baylor, @ AF, UL-Monroe, Portland State, SMU)

Robinson 95/151 for 1,023 yards 7 TDs 6 INTs 40 rushes for 188 yards and 3 TDs (Southern, @ SMU, OSU, @ Texas, ISU)

How did Casey do with fumbles?

12 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

It's hard to make a fair comparison there given the opponents. I have no memory of us playing Portland State.

Didn't Trev start some games as a sophomore? 

8 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

It's hard to make a fair comparison there given the opponents. I have no memory of us playing Portland State.

Yep.  That was the year of the repeated panic-scramble, leading to the expectation that Joeckel would get the starting job the following year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Yep.  That was the year of the repeated panic-scramble, leading to the expectation that Joeckel would get the starting job the following year.

I remember Andy and Trev both struggling in their first seasons. That's one reason I still have faith in Shawn, if he can keep playing this season. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

On 10/2/2018 at 9:11 AM, Boston Frog said:

I know AF can be a tough place to play, but yes they opponents SR has faced are significantly tougher as a whole...minus the turnovers (I think we should expect some due to inexperience) I think he's done fairly well.

• Upvote (+1) 2