Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Week 5

Hillbillies up 2 TDs over the RaiderRashes thanks to a tipped pass for an interception. 14-0 mid 1st.

Syracuse is manhandling Climpson, where Dabo stupidly demoted his QB starter, who quit the team, and the long-haired freshman backup QB got injured.

Kyler Murray will not be starting today against Baylor. Rumor is he missed a class or part of practice. TBD how many series he’ll sit out. 

So much for Syracuse - Clemson just came back and took the lead w/ less than a minute left.

Kliffy's boys are not going quietly. 35-20 WVU 10:00 to go, but tceh's got the momentum.

8 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Kliffy's boys are not going quietly. 35-20 WVU 10:00 to go, but tceh's got the momentum.

35-27. Plenty of time for a Wreck'em come back, too.

Welp, I think the Hillbillies D just sealed the deal with an INT and a run to the house. 42-27 with about 3:00 to go in the game.

Already 7-0 Gooners and it's only about 3 minutes into the game. lol @ baylor

16 hours ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

It graduated.

Kind of appreciating Kenny Hill now more than I ever thought I would 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

Kind of appreciating Kenny Hill now more than I ever thought I would 

Numbers-wise, Shawn had a pretty solid game.  It was clear that the strategy was to dink-and-dunk with short passes and hand the ball off for the most part, he executed those well, albeit for not a lot of yards ... he was 21 of 29 for 182.  Generally you'll take a 72% completion percentage any day.  The one pick was a bad one, underthrown into triple coverage at an important point in the game, and his running numbers were disappointing, but I'd argue he executed what he was asked to do on Saturday.

The thing I still can't get over was the Lynn play, which if that wasn't on ESPN's Not Top 10, if they still do that bit, somebody should be fired.  Up to that point, we were executing a (very conservative, old school GMFP) game plan and were about to make it a 2-score game.  If he doesn't go utterly brain dead there, we win that game easily.  Instead, momentum totally shifts and we barely beat a so-so Iowa State team at home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Numbers-wise, Shawn had a pretty solid game.  It was clear that the strategy was to dink-and-dunk with short passes and hand the ball off for the most part, he executed those well, albeit for not a lot of yards ... he was 21 of 29 for 182.  Generally you'll take a 72% completion percentage any day.  The one pick was a bad one, underthrown into triple coverage at an important point in the game, and his running numbers were disappointing, but I'd argue he executed what he was asked to do on Saturday.

I really didn't mean to take a shot at Shawn. That kind of offensive game plan will get us murdered against OU, WVU and Okie State, though. There's no substitute for experience. By his last year, Kenny had mostly learned to go downfield when he needed to. We just don't have that this year. I hope we can open things up against higher-scoring opponents, but I'm not sure we have the offensive personnel in general at this point. I hate to see GP moving away from a high-powered, up-tempo offense and back to his comfort zone (which was getting us killed until Meachem/Cumbie came along), but I'm not sure he has a choice right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1