Sign in to follow this  
Burner

Dick Lowe interview

Hard to say it, but Mac Engle has a good article today, an interview with Dick Lowe. He talks about the '80s payoff scandal and how much he regrets it, also about the process of hiring Gary Patterson. I won't link to it, but if you have a Startlegram subscription or can get through the paywall, it's worth reading.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Agree that this Mac effort is a good article-- no ad hominem snark to spoil a good story well told--  although the bar is pretty low for Mac articles.

I haven't deliberately clicked a link to a Mac article in a long time, but this one is worth an exception to my general "don't click" policy on Mac articles.

I am not so annoyed with Mac that I won't post a link, although I have been close to that point at times:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article218155995.html

8 minutes ago, froginaustin said:

Agree that this Mac effort is a good article-- no ad hominem snark to spoil a good story well told--  although the bar is pretty low for Mac articles.

I haven't deliberately clicked a link to a Mac article in a long time, but this one is worth an exception to my general "don't click" policy on Mac articles.

I am not so annoyed with Mac that I won't post a link, although I have been close to that point at times:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article218155995.html

TCU was this close to hiring Watson Brown or Phil Bennett.

tenor.gif

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The candidates were: UAB head coach Watson Brown; Kansas State defensive coordinator Phil Bennett; Arizona Cardinals linebackers coach Dave McGinnis; Iowa State head coach Dan McCarney; and Patterson.

tenor.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1