Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

It's 2018 College Pick'em Time!

On 10/14/2018 at 5:58 PM, Duquesne Frog said:

DUSHEE definitely ain't gonna repeat as champion at this rate ...

And just when I think DUSHEE couldnt be any dumber, it goes and has a week like this ...

AND TOTALLY REDEEMS ITSELF!

1 hour ago, Duquesne Frog said:

And just when I think DUSHEE couldnt be any dumber, it goes and has a week like this ...

AND TOTALLY REDEEMS ITSELF!

Outstanding work! The Mean Green confounded all of us this week, except for Newfoundland. You rocked it, dude! 👏🏻

As mentioned above, DUSHEE was our big winner this week with one point shy of a perfect score! I'm sure Mean Joe was also disappointed in his squad's finish, so we're all in good company (save Newf, who is a secret Alabama-Birmingham fan). Speaking of, Newf made it to second place this week and if it hadn't been for Cinci blowing their chance in OT, a lot of other pickers in our game would have been in a better place with him. Mercenary Librarian comes in third with a bold pick of Miss. State against LSU, luckily only giving the Bulldogs one point.

Interestingly, with the DUSH's near-perfect score, it means there was betting AGAINST the Frogs happening there. As it happens, the majority of pickers this week picked OU. The allure of the prize package for our game's ultimate winner is highly motivational, I'm sure, and a key factor in this behavior. The Frog pickers mainly placed the team at the very bottom of the list. (I'd like to recognize TexansDad37 for standing in solidarity with me by placing our team at #10. Riff Ram, brother!) Hopefully, TCU won't be on anymore ballots this season and we won't have this dilemma again.

Overall, with his big win in week 8, defending champion DUSHEE has taken the lead in our game! PD has been knocked off her lofty perch to second place and gofrogs152 is not far behind in third place. Only 14 points separate the five top positions. Keep playing, Frog Fans! We're getting into the stretch.

Big congrats to Rana this week for his win this week! You didn't fall into the Badger trap that nearly the whole lot of us did and it paid off. DUSHEE was second and PD third.

DUSHEE has pulled a little  further ahead overall and now leads me by nine points with Rana in the number three spot, only two points back. It's gonna be a fun finish!

Well, I don't expect Rana (1st place this week!) to be visiting Stateboro, GA, anytime soon unless it's to deliver a big bag o' flaming dog poop on GSU's doorstep. Since they couldn't close out their game against Troy, he missed a perfect Pick'em this week. It's not like he was alone, though. All of the rest of us, except TexansDad, picked Georgia Southern, too. Luckily, we all gave them pretty low cred. We did all agree on OU, however, and got rewarded with big points off Big Game Bob's replacement. For 152 (2nd place) and me (coming in 3rd), we're looking at you, Iowa. 87% popular confidence rating that you were going to win that game at home, no less, and you crap the bed. Thanks a lot.

Overall, DUSHEE has engineered (lol, I crack myself up!) his way to a six point lead ahead of Rana, who is coming up strong out of nowhere. Seriously, dude, where you been hiding these pick'em bona fides? I'm way behind in 3rd, but I beat the DUSH this week (go, me!!) However, 152 is only two pinots behind me (oh, was that a typo?) and Newf is just two more behind her, so nobody better let their guard down.

Only three more weeks! We're playing for all the money (sort of)!!

Mercenary Librarian, come on down! Or, should I say up? Coming in out of nowhere this week with a great slate, you were only three points out of first place. Except for the Red Bull chugger's team, which all of us picked, you would have left me in the shade. But, way to go, man! You shared #2 spot with DUSHEE this week and Newf was just behind in third. (Had Newf remembered to make a pick in the Kentucky/Middle Tennessee game [???], our top three might have had a different look.)  We all agreed on Oregon, Georgia, A&M, Kentucky (except where they were skipped), and, sadly, West Virginia, as I already mentioned, this week.

Top five overall and total points:

DUSHEE            464

Rana                  455

PD                      451

Newf                  437

gofrogs152       427

You're in my sights, Rana.  Two more weeks, y'all!

Another week, another surprise at the top! Army Frog, welcome to 1st place in week 13's Pick'em! You chose an awesome ballot this week, if only the Skunk Weasels and FIU Big Kitties could have helped you out with five more points it would have been perfect. Don't feel too badly, though. We ALL chose Michigan and you had lots of company with the FIU pick. (We also all went in on Alabama (🤢) and all but one on the Gators.) Anyway, well done, sir! (I think you're commissioned, no?) DUSHEE and RSK tied for second place this week and Rana came in just behind them.

Our top five haven't changed since last week:

DUSHEE

Rana

PD

Newfoundland

GoFrogs152

I'm thinking of pushing a resolution stating no computer modeling for next season. Who's with me?

One more week! That generous prize package awaits!

On 11/26/2018 at 1:45 PM, PurpleDawg said:

I'm thinking of pushing a resolution stating no computer modeling for next season. Who's with me?

I don't know...seems like there could be massive bragging rights if one of us actually beat Dushee.  

10 minutes ago, gofrogs152 said:

I don't know...seems like there could be massive bragging rights if one of us actually beat Dushee.  

DUSHEE hasn't won every time.  And I think it has only won one week this year.  DUSHEEs strength is consistency ...

She's the winner of our final week! Gofrogs152 was just three points away from perfect in her picks this week (no love for Boise or those Middle Tennessee blue people this morning). Nicely done! You weren't alone in your Broncos pick, as Rana, in second place this week, was the only one of us who bet against them. You would think all that snow would have worked in their favor since Fresno St really isn't used to it. The Robot and PD share third place. We all found consensus on The Orange Paws, The Sith Lord's Army, Appalachian State,  a university in Ohio, and the Gooners.

Now for our 2018 winner...

In no surprise whatsoever, DUSHEE wins again.

Thank you for playing. See you next year.

😜

Rana successfully achieved second place this season only 10 points behind the computer! Congratulations!!

PD was a distant third.

It was fun, as always. Hope to see everyone back for the 2019 regular season. Don't forget about Bowl Mania Pick'em! I'll post that link when it comes out in a few days.

GO FROGS!