Sign in to follow this  
Burner

Football spring game

2 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Hows Robinson look?

Sorry for the lack of updates, my gloves weren't working with my phone and I sure as hell wasn't taking them off. 

Both him and Collins looked alright. I wasn't overly impressed with either, granted it was cold and the spring game. Ringdahl came in for a few plays at the end. Didn't throw much but ran the ball up the middle and took a hard hit or 2. #39, Jacques Guillot, was in the backfield with Collins most of the game. Kid showed alot of hustle and ran the ball hard. Offense was very meh overall.

From the stands I thought are o-line looked small until I saw them on the field. That was when I realized Collins was 6-5, bigger than some of the line man. Niang is an absolute monster. 

I was impressed with our D, especially the secondary. A few picks and Small was a ball hawk out there. 

All forms of kicking were meh, made both extra points but missed the long field goal and the punts left something to be desired. 

36 minutes ago, TCaliU said:

Sorry for the lack of updates, my gloves weren't working with my phone and I sure as hell wasn't taking them off. 

Both him and Collins looked alright. I wasn't overly impressed with either, granted it was cold and the spring game. Ringdahl came in for a few plays at the end. Didn't throw much but ran the ball up the middle and took a hard hit or 2. #39, Jacques Guillot, was in the backfield with Collins most of the game. Kid showed alot of hustle and ran the ball hard. Offense was very meh overall.

From the stands I thought are o-line looked small until I saw them on the field. That was when I realized Collins was 6-5, bigger than some of the line man. Niang is an absolute monster. 

I was impressed with our D, especially the secondary. A few picks and Small was a ball hawk out there. 

All forms of kicking were meh, made both extra points but missed the long field goal and the punts left something to be desired. 

Sounds like just about every other spring game.

Thanks for the updates boss!

5 hours ago, TCaliU said:

OL for Robinson from left to right 

68 - 51 - 69 -60 - 56

That's McKinney, White, McMillan, Gaytan and Myers I believe. I trust not our #1 line.

3 hours ago, Burner said:

That's McKinney, White, McMillan, Gaytan and Myers I believe. I trust not our #1 line.

I was also having trouble reading jersey numbers, so who knows what changed by the time I got it.

1 hour ago, Burner said:

Thanks for the reports Cali.

Here's a better report in the OL. 

First team: C Kelton Hollins, OT Austin Myers, OG David Bolisomi, OG Cordel Iwuagwu and OT Lucas Niang.

Second team: Quazzel White, Nate Guyton, Bolisomi, Anthony McKinney, Coy McMillon

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2018/04/08/tcu-horned-frogs-spring-game-reaction-and-analysis/

22 hours ago, TCaliU said:

First team: C Kelton Hollins, OT Austin Myers, OG David Bolisomi, OG Cordel Iwuagwu and OT Lucas Niang.

Second team: Quazzel White, Nate Guyton, Bolisomi, Anthony McKinney, Coy McMillon

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2018/04/08/tcu-horned-frogs-spring-game-reaction-and-analysis/

Thanks, good link. So no Harris brothers, no Elliott, no McDermott-Vai. I expect a lot more shuffling before September. It seems injuries really hit the team this spring.

Half the team was held out for precautionary reasons so the spring game probably ddn't tell us anything.  It was good to hear that Brandon Bowen played and did well though.  If he steps us and Collier gets in good enough shape to play 40 snaps a game, we're going to give Ohio State's offense everything they can handle. 

On 4/8/2018 at 10:02 AM, TCaliU said:

Per Jeremy at HFB, Niang didn't play.  OT's were Myers, Bolisomi and McKinney. 

:lol:

Gary Patterson totally unfazed by freezing TCU spring game

FORT WORTH, Texas — Thousands of TCU fans had to huddle under jackets and blankets at the April spring game last Saturday at Amon Carter Stadium. Count TCU football’s leader as unimpressed.

“I didn’t think it was that cold,” Coach Gary Patterson said with a shrug.

The weather hovered around the 30s for most of the day, and the wind chill fell into the 20s. It was unseasonably cold. For comparison, the weather during outdoor practice on Tuesday was well over 70 degrees.

It was cold enough that TCU canceled a baseball game later in the day. Patterson was happy to show off his mettle after growing up in Kansas.

TCU’s offense and quarterbacks struggled to get into a rhythm, but Patterson was quick to dismiss the idea that the conditions played any role.

“It better not have or they’ll play poorly at West Virginia,” Patterson said. “It’s always cold (there) and Kansas. Last two times we went there, we nearly had snow.”

https://www.diehards.com/tcu/gary-patterson-totally-unfazed-by-freezing-tcu-spring-game

After watching the TCU football team during spring practice, Sports Illustrated’s Bruce Feldman thinks the Horned Frogs are going to have an incredible defensive line in 2018.

On The Audible podcast he hosts with The Athletic’s Stewart Mandel, Feldman said he was impressed with TCU’s defensive front when he watched practice in Fort Worth. He said he thinks it could be one of the best units coach Gary Patterson has ever had.

“Like I said, their defensive line should be really good,” Feldman said. “They’re still pretty young. I think this has a chance to be, interior-wise, one of the better groups that he’s had since he’s been there. These guys are young and they’re just going to keep getting better. Ben Banogu’s back at defensive end. I had a chance to visit with him. He’s a really sharp, thoughtful guy. … Gary Patterson always makes it work on defense because he prepares so well and those guys are drilled so well.”

https://www.diehards.com/tcu/tcu-football-big-12-championship-defensive-line-2018-predictions-bruce-feldman-stewart-mandel