Sign in to follow this  
Army Frog Fan

Too early to start a 2018-19 Basketball thread?

We've got a long way to go. Really missed Noi tonight, and getting Fisher back for depth will be great. We are still having a ton of trouble from the line (17/27 tonight).

But like Dixon said, give them time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really like that, on a night when his shot wasn't going, Bane set a career-high for rebounds and created by driving to the hoop.

Also, Alok has a little bit of Vlad to his game.  Good, old-fashioned post play footwork with a little hook shot that'll be real nifty when he perfects it.

Couple articles on the game- one from Drew Davison at FWST and one from Jeremy Clark at 247:  What are the chances that both misspell the same word?  One had to have copy and pasted the other's quote. 

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article221197745.html

“That’s a good team,” Dixon said of Bakersfield. “That’s an old team. That’s a tough team. That’s a well-caoched team, Bakersfield, and that’s a team you don’t want to play early, first game of the year with three returning college basketball players, but we did it.

“We got a win and we’re going to get better for it.”

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Opens-Season-with-66-61-Win-Over-Cal-State-Bakersfield-124406919/

"We made it interesting," Dixon said. "We held them to 36 percent. That’s a good team, that’s an old team, that’s a tough team, that’s a well-caoched team, Bakersfield, and that’s a team you don’t want to play early, first game of the year with three returning college basketball players, but we did it, we got a win and we’re going to get better for it."

I give CSU-B credit - they were scrappy as hell. You can definitely tell they were seasoned and well-coached. Overall, I'd say it's great we came out with a win given how many freshmen we're playing (8 out of 15 on the roster are either true freshmen or RS freshmen).

We should see a ton of improvement by the time we reach conference play, and we FINALLY have size. This is by far the biggest TCU team I've ever seen, but we're still missing a good 2 guard, and that would really help our chances of making a solid run.

• Upvote (+1) 1

#0 for Bakersfield was a real smooth shooter.  Also, on the alley-oop they threw to #3, he could've dunked on a 12-foot rim if he'd needed to.  Kid has HOPS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

#0 for Bakersfield was a real smooth shooter.  Also, on the alley-oop they threw to #3, he could've dunked on a 12-foot rim if he'd needed to.  Kid has HOPS.

Agree, #0 played well all night

3 hours ago, shenanigans said:

I give CSU-B credit - they were scrappy as hell. You can definitely tell they were seasoned and well-coached. Overall, I'd say it's great we came out with a win given how many freshmen we're playing (8 out of 15 on the roster are either true freshmen or RS freshmen).

We should see a ton of improvement by the time we reach conference play, and we FINALLY have size. This is by far the biggest TCU team I've ever seen, but we're still missing a good 2 guard, and that would really help our chances of making a solid run.

Isn’t bane a 2? Or is he a 3

57 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

He's the closest we have to a 2, but I put him at more of a 3.

1 hour ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

He was playing 3 last night, with Nembhard starting at 2.  That may change when Jaylen & Noi are back.

17 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

CSU-Bakersfield rebounded from their loss in Fort Worth with a 111-75 victory this afternoon over Antelope Valley, an NAIA school.

Antelope Valley has some guys that can really leap...

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

Antelope Valley has some guys that can really leap...

BbgL7x3.gif?noredirect

• Haha  (+1) 2

Short shorts gets his first career bucket.

23-6 Frogs, 12:46 left in the 1st.

3 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Hey, PD, Mrs. Turk likes Kaden Archie’s short shorts.

Just was reminded the game's on. Will check him out.

16 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Hey, PD, Mrs. Turk likes Kaden Archie’s short shorts.

Oh, yeah...