Sign in to follow this  
Army Frog Fan

Too early to start a 2018-19 Basketball thread?

13 hours ago, Jared said:

Sorry I missed the whole game and forgot to DVR it.  Glad we won though!

I missed it all together, also. I didn’t even realize yesterday was Wednesday until just now. This week off has been fantastic!

Not to be overly critical, however, one of the officials in yesterday's game was John Higgins.  About 3 years ago, he was one of the best in the country.  Had a call in a big game during the tourney (maybe against Kentucky, I'm not sure, but too lazy to Google it), and he received death threats, and his business was threatened.  I think there was a big story in SI about it.  Anyhow, back to original thought, his officiating isn't as good as it used to be.  And, Pollard, the one that has a hairstyle exactly like $mooth, just isn't very good.  I'm glad we survived that game and won, but it was nerve-racking.

If they come out today and play like that did against UT and during the first half yesterday, I think they can beat anybody in the B12 tourney except Tech.  They are really good.

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The game just started - I'm only going to be able to watch for a little while.  Hopefully, we'll win and clinch a ticket to the Dance!  Lunardi just moved us up to the last 4 byes and out of the final 4 in.  Hopefully, that'll hold if we lose.

6-2 early.

1 minute ago, Zebra Frog said:

I'm disappointed to see Higgins working this game. 

Me, too! Only one foul(?) on KSU and 7 or so on us?

23-14 8:09/1st Frogs!  KSU started fouling a little more. One guy totally laid out Davis and he then made 2/3 FTs.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

I think it’s enough. Won an “elimination” game plus played a top 16 seed tough. Resume is strong (although man the Lipscomb loss hurts).  Proud of this team regardless. Go Frogs!

Lipscomb is 25-7 but just lost their conference tournament and automatic tournament slot to Liberty, so they could be competing with us for an at-large berth.

17 minutes ago, Burner said:

Lipscomb is 25-7 but just lost their conference tournament and automatic tournament slot to Liberty, so they could be competing with us for an at-large berth.

For some reason, I think we make it. Pretty amazing how far we've come - expectations were really high this year and things just totally fell apart, yet we managed to win 20 games in arguably the most competitive conference in major college basketball.

Losing Fisher hurt - if he staid healthy all season, I think we win 22 - 23 games and are a 6-7 seed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Too bad.  I'm hopeful that we still might get in but we've been screwed so many times I'm not that optimistic.  If we do make the Dance, it's because of the respect the committee has for the Big 12 and for Coach Dixon - two things we never really had in the non-BCS/non-AQ/wilderness era.

Lunardi's bracketology from Saturday morning has the Frogs as the very last team in the field.

At this point, I feel like it's a coin toss - and I'm mentally preparing myself for a let down.

A few games to watch today include the SEC semifinal between Florida & Auburn (Tigers lead by 2 with 8:41 to play - Go Gators!) and the Big 12 final this afternoon between Iowa State and Kansas (Go Cyclones!)

Thank you, Cyclones!

Iowa State, seeded 5th, takes down Kansas 78-66 to win the Big 12 tournament championship.  

This is much-needed good news for the Frogs' resume.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Prairie View A&M punched their ticket to the dance earlier today - their first since 1998.  

Abilene Christian is looking for their first-ever trip to the Divison I tournament.  They're up big in the first half of the Southland Championship game against New Orleans right now.

UTA plays Georgia State for the Sun Belt title tomorrow, and U of H looks to win the Nuevo CUSA tournament tomorrow against Cincinnati.