Sign in to follow this  
Army Frog Fan

Too early to start a 2018-19 Basketball thread?

That's sad for the ladies. They've had an awesome season. 

From what I can tell, a win over Oklahoma State on Wednesday will lock us into a 10 or 11 seed. A loss will put us on the bubble, but probably not dropping out of the First Four round unless it's a disaster. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Vlade Divac said:

From what I can tell, a win over Oklahoma State on Wednesday will lock us into a 10 or 11 seed. A loss will put us on the bubble, but probably not dropping out of the First Four round unless it's a disaster. 

The way I read the tea leaves puts us in this position going into the conference tournament:

-Lose to OSU: out of the dance

-Beat OSU: status quo, stay on the "good" side of the bubble and a better than 50% chance we're in

-Beat OSU, beat KSU: ticket punched for sure, probably avoiding the play-in games too

Preach it Coach Fennelly!

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Vlade Divac said:

Just gotta get in!

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

The way I read the tea leaves puts us in this position going into the conference tournament:

-Lose to OSU: out of the dance

-Beat OSU: status quo, stay on the "good" side of the bubble and a better than 50% chance we're in

-Beat OSU, beat KSU: ticket punched for sure, probably avoiding the play-in games too

What I wasn’t factoring in were potential small conference tourney upsets. You may be right that we’re out with a loss to OSU. 

St. Mary’s over Gonzaga in the WCC CCG is not good for the bubble. 

7 hours ago, Vlade Divac said:

St. Mary’s over Gonzaga in the WCC CCG is not good for the bubble. 

First time Gonzaga has lost the conference tourney in 12 years...and of course it’s this year to another bubble team.

I turned it on when we had a 14 point lead. We promptly blew it. I turned it off. We won. 

I won’t be watching the next game. 

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

I turned it on when we had a 14 point lead. We promptly blew it. I turned it off. We won. 

I won’t be watching the next game. 

It's the only responsible thing to do ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I watched in utter disbelief as the Frogs pulled another second-half collapse.  The only thing I can think of is that when they start running time off the clock and are then forced to take last-second shots instead of continuing to be aggressive and attacking the basket.  They make games very hard to watch sometimes.

Sorry I missed the whole game and forgot to DVR it.  Glad we won though!

I wasn't able to watch, but a friend kept me in the loop via text. I told him to stop texting me about about the 2:00 to go mark. My heart couldn't take the suspense! Frogs won without me. I may follow DTF's lead tomorrow.

• Haha  (+1) 1

Good to eek that one out. Gotta win some of those.  I think we are in good shape for the tourney at this point. With all the injuries and transfers that would be a remarkable accomplishment. 

My biggest concern is Kendrick Davis. He’s lost his mojo. 3 TO and 2 fouls in 5 minutes. Robinson could use a break- he has a tendency to get worn out (or less effective because the defense adjusts) late in games. When Davis was playing well he really gave defenses fits because he plays so differently the Arob. 

A six man rotation is going to be tough. We need him to get his mojo back.

11 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

I watched in utter disbelief as the Frogs pulled another second-half collapse.  The only thing I can think of is that when they start running time off the clock and are then forced to take last-second shots instead of continuing to be aggressive and attacking the basket.  They make games very hard to watch sometimes.

Maybe they get tired playing 35 minutes a game?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This may be the last win for The Magnificent Seven, but I think they have done a great job considering all the handicaps. Got to recruit a couple of good strong forwards for next year. 

• Like (+1) 2

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- All-Big 12 forward Dean Wade is expected to miss the entire Big 12 tournament for No. 15 Kansas State because of a foot injury that has lingered for much of the season.

Wildcats coach Bruce Weber said after Wednesday's practice at Sprint Center that the 6-foot-10 Wade would spend most of his time this week getting treatment. The hope is that Wade will be ready for next week's NCAA tournament, though Weber said he could not promise anything.

Wade is averaging 12.9 points and 6.2 rebounds for the Wildcats, who are the No. 1 seed in Kansas City after tying Texas Tech for the regular-season conference title.

The Wildcats did get some good news in that Cartier Diarra, who has missed several weeks after hand surgery, is expected to be available for their quarterfinal on Thursday.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26255366/k-state-wade-unlikely-play-big-12-tourney

It's an early game today (at 1:30) but I'm definitely going to catch the beginning and will remember to DVR it for later viewing.  No spoilers please before I get off work!  Go Frogs!

Jamie with a little funny at the press conference after the game last night, courtesy of Carlos Mendez's column in PressboxDFW...

TCU won Wednesday night in the Big 12 tournament with what has now become its customary seven-man rotation.

The reward is a game Thursday.

It’s against one of the co-champions of the league, Kansas State, which rolled the Horned Frogs in two regular-season meetings, one with TCU missing Kouat Noi.

It made Jamie Dixon break off a little wry humor in the postgame news conference at the Sprint Center.

“Kouat didn’t play in the one game at their place,” the TCU coach told reporters. “We had six guys. This time we’ll bring out all seven.”