Sign in to follow this  
Army Frog Fan

Too early to start a 2018-19 Basketball thread?

Tough loss in 3OT. Feels like we wore out there with only 5 players. Kudos for fighting. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

shoot. Tough to win on the road. 

We HAVE to split KSU and TTU then beat UT and hopefully make a run in the conference tourney 

The ladies won and swept Kansas on the road!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Slightly irritated CJD...

A “no sit” policy for Saturday’s game is going to be a disaster.  Olds are going to be upset.  If I had tickets I would be as I can’t stand very long.

1 hour ago, Zebra Frog said:

A “no sit” policy for Saturday’s game is going to be a disaster.  Olds are going to be upset.  If I had tickets I would be as I can’t stand very long.

I said the same thing when Chris Tomlin came to town...

If the bluehairs want to sit down, I say we let them.

23 minutes ago, Jared said:

If the bluehairs want to sit down, I say we let them.

Good call. They'll do it anyway without permission. 

Okay, I can switch over to the hoops now after the Frogs beat Rice in tennis.  The Frogs trail 28-11 - not looking good.  I sure hope those bluehairs have been allowed to sit down - those new draconian rules seem to me to be a lot like enforced torture.

We've got it down to an 8 point deficit w/ 16:50 left in the 2nd.  This one isn't out of reach at all.  Anyone watching this comeback??

• Upvote (+1) 1

Donati is taking a thrashing on Twitter about the lack of purple butts in seats at the game yesterday. People are mad that they come out and support the Frogs and sit in crappy (relative) seats while the primo spots go empty and also that there were red people where purple people should have been. Donati says they are looking at ways to "incentivize" the process of season ticket holders returning their unused seats to TCU for redistribution and that they are always preaching this process when people can't make a game. It was a bad visual on TV yesterday to see so much red in the Scholl.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Donati is taking a thrashing on Twitter about the lack of purple butts in seats at the game yesterday. People are mad that they come out and support the Frogs and sit in crappy (relative) seats while the primo spots go empty and also that there were red people where purple people should have been. Donati says they are looking at ways to "incentivize" the process of season ticket holders returning their unused seats to TCU for redistribution and that they are always preaching this process when people can't make a game. It was a bad visual on TV yesterday to see so much red in the Scholl.

I've been a TCU fan since Eisenhower (1956, to be exact)....TCU fans have always been too cool for school, with the exception of the last half of the 2014 season....Sell outs occur when the team in season is dominating all opponents...then it's cool to be a fan and to be present...and great swaths of vacant seats and/or opponents' fans occupying the stadium/arena is the DNA on Stadium Drive, unfortunately....Yes, I am a season ticket holder....Yes, I have missed games, but only when health was at risk....I have usually just given my tickets to a Frog fan, without trying to be compsensated...and yes, my shoulder joint hurts as I pat myself....

• Upvote (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

I also don't think you can dictate who people sell their tickets to when such a market exists. I can admit I've capitalized on this opportunity for both football and basketball - if I can't go to a game and I stand the chance of recouping a substantial percentage of my outlay, I will definitely take advantage of the opportunity. Season tickets are expensive, so it's great to get a bit of a return to lessen the financial blow. This happens everywhere, it's just that at TCU, the demand for tickets is going to end up being for opposing fans versus casual or TCU fans in search of tickets. My biggest beef is when TCU tries to police this and pull the loyalty card, yet loyalty is something the institution could care less about when working with its so-called partners. 

2 hours ago, shenanigans said:

I also don't think you can dictate who people sell their tickets to when such a market exists. I can admit I've capitalized on this opportunity for both football and basketball - if I can't go to a game and I stand the chance of recouping a substantial percentage of my outlay, I will definitely take advantage of the opportunity. Season tickets are expensive, so it's great to get a bit of a return to lessen the financial blow. This happens everywhere, it's just that at TCU, the demand for tickets is going to end up being for opposing fans versus casual or TCU fans in search of tickets. My biggest beef is when TCU tries to police this and pull the loyalty card, yet loyalty is something the institution could care less about when working with its so-called partners. 

It was pointed out in one of the comments I read that, although TCU doesn't like people reselling their tickets the secondary market, they put the StubHub link right there on the athletics tickets webpage to make it easier to click. Seems a bit odd if the athletics department has a problem with that. I think I must be missing something there.

I hope a big crowd shows up for these guys, because they've showed up for us!

New bracketology from ESPN this morning....STILL has the Frogs in the field, as an #11 seed and one of the "last four byes" 

I know Joe Lunardi isn't the committee, but he's shown his ability to think like them in the past.  Seems like we're being given an amazing amount of benefit of the doubt.  Would be a shame to waste it.

16 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

New bracketology from ESPN this morning....STILL has the Frogs in the field, as an #11 seed and one of the "last four byes" 

I know Joe Lunardi isn't the committee, but he's shown his ability to think like them in the past.  Seems like we're being given an amazing amount of benefit of the doubt.  Would be a shame to waste it.

Hard to believe, IMO

2 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

Hard to believe, IMO

I agree.  Several times I've felt like certain L's put a nail in our coffin, but it keeps seeming like the committee (or committee substitutes like Lunardi or Palm) wants to give us yet another shot.

In related news, the new women's bracketology has the Lady Frogs in the field - also as an 11-seed.   

I still think we need to win 3 games regardless of what Lunardi may or may not be saying.  I don't like our chances after watching the last few games.