Sign in to follow this  
Army Frog Fan

Too early to start a 2018-19 Basketball thread?

Love the big ol' tug-o'-war going on behind the bucket on free throws, along with disjointed CJD. ha!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Estridge is talking so loudly you can distinctly hear him on the TV broadcast.

Just now, Jared said:

Estridge is talking so loudly you can distinctly hear him on the TV broadcast.

You should turn the tv off and listen to Estridge and Denton, anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

You should turn the tv off and listen to Estridge and Denton, anyway.

Why?  I can hear him fine on the TV .

• Haha  (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Huggie Bear's gonna have somebody's head for this one!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1

4 of the remaining games where we are probably underdogs- @Tech, @Baylor, @ISU and KU- are among the next 5 games, along with a game we should win against OSU  If we can go even 2-3 the next five games I think we have to consider that par for the course.  3-2 would be really solid.  1-4 would be disappointing but not disastrous.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hate to say it, but this team is a shell of what it was and could have been. And I think they know that. 

Losing Fisher has hurt us in more ways than one, and it shows. Outside of Bane and Noi, we just don't have any great pure shooters.

If we could have stayed healthy and not been ravaged by the transfer bug, this team could have made a deep run in the tourney IMO. Now I'm not even sure we'll make it at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

I hate to say it, but this team is a shell of what it was and could have been. And I think they know that. 

Losing Fisher has hurt us in more ways than one, and it shows. Outside of Bane and Noi, we just don't have any great pure shooters.

If we could have stayed healthy and not been ravaged by the transfer bug, this team could have made a deep run in the tourney IMO. Now I'm not even sure we'll make it at all.

Nembhard has shown some scoring ability in several games this season but he's been on a bad streak since the KU game and you're right, even on his best day he's not a decent replacement for Fisher's scoring. 

1 hour ago, SuperToad said:

Agreed.  Losing huge to Tech is a very bad sign.  Back in December, we looked great; now, we look hesitant and teams have found a way to really dog ARob all over the court; thus limiting his effectiveness.  Having Fisher as a 2nd point guard really took a lot of pressure off our offense and he was a great shooter as well.  I now think we'll make the NCAA's, but probably just barely and that we're really a bubble team rather than a possible Top 25 team.

39 minutes ago, Jared said:

Agreed.  Losing huge to Tech is a very bad sign.  Back in December, we looked great; now, we look hesitant and teams have found a way to really dog ARob all over the court; thus limiting his effectiveness.  Having Fisher as a 2nd point guard really took a lot of pressure off our offense and he was a great shooter as well.  I now think we'll make the NCAA's, but probably just barely and that we're really a bubble team rather than a possible Top 25 team.

I'm not sure NCAA is a realistic landing spot....With some luck, maybe a return to the NIT is more believable....

KenPom still has us at 28th, Sagarin at 26th.  Palm has us as a 9-seed, although it doesn't look like he's updated those numbers since the Tech game.  Two weeks ago we blew out WVU by 30.  Still undefeated at home since conference play started.  We've won 3 of the last 5.

We're in a tough damn league.  We're going to lose some games.  I admit the Fisher loss hurts, but what percentage of our games over the last two years has he played?

Come on back into the building, people ... I'm not sure the ledge can support all the weight ....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I posted this in the NBA Frogs thread but we kinda forget that KW is legit NBA player and Vlad was no slouch. That is a some serious talent to replace. 

On 1/29/2019 at 12:34 PM, Duquesne Frog said:

Come on back into the building, people ... I'm not sure the ledge can support all the weight ....

Someone's got to play the Boston Frog role in basketball.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:34 PM, Duquesne Frog said:

KenPom still has us at 28th, Sagarin at 26th.  Palm has us as a 9-seed, although it doesn't look like he's updated those numbers since the Tech game.  Two weeks ago we blew out WVU by 30.  Still undefeated at home since conference play started.  We've won 3 of the last 5.

We're in a tough damn league.  We're going to lose some games.  I admit the Fisher loss hurts, but what percentage of our games over the last two years has he played?

We got them right where we want them

• Upvote (+1) 2

'It's a great story for all': How Kenrich Williams' path to the NBA has generated yet another wave of optimism for TCU

"He believed in himself and I think now he’s the only free-agent on a full contract," Dixon said. "He’s locked in for the year and the opportunity has arisen and he’s taken it. It’s a great story for all. It’s so hard to make it and so hard to stay. But he’s been given his chance and doing well."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/02/01/great-story-kenrich-williams-path-nba-generated-yet-another-wave-optimism-tcu

• Upvote (+1) 3

Poor play and the atrocious baylor colors is making this game nearly unwatchable. It’s giving me a headache. 

#$%@ baylor. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

atrocious baylor colors

As bad as the worst Oregon unis.

• Like (+1) 1