Sign in to follow this  
Army Frog Fan

Too early to start a 2018-19 Basketball thread?

24 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

That's kind of a big loss, right?

4     Amber Ramirez

2017-18 | Sophmore (Game-by-Game Stats)
Played in all 36 games with 23 starts … Third on team with 10.4 points per game … Shot 39.2 percent from 3-point range, ranking second on the team and seventh in the Big 12 … Led team in 3-point makes and attempts at 65-of-166, ranking eighth in Big 12 with 1.8 makes per game … Scored in double figures 18 times, including three games with 20 or more points … Broke TCU and Big 12 single-game records with 11 made 3-pointers in TCU’s win over Southeastern Louisiana (Dec. 10) … Scored career-high 33 points in that game, marking the 26th 30-point game in TCU history … Made five or more 3-pointers in four games … Ranked third on the team and 14th in the Big 12 with 2.9 assists per game … Had five or more assists seven times, including tying career high of seven assists on four occasions … Shot 42.1 percent (131-oof-311) from the field and 85.7 percent (48-of-56) from the free throw line.

18 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

Wow that is a big loss. I wonder why she wanted out?

Wanted to be with a program that for sure will be in the NCAA tourney? She's almost sure not to go anywhere in the Big12, unless she wants to sit a season.

11 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Wanted to be with a program that for sure will be in the NCAA tourney? She's almost sure not to go anywhere in the Big12, unless she wants to sit a season.

She has to sit out regardless.  If she stays in conference she loses a year of eligibility.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I think its probably just as simple as she's not happy at TCU.  In college, players generally transfer for 4 reasons - playing time, personality conflict (usually with the coach), homesick, got in trouble.  The 1st 2 seem the most likely in this case - South Carolina is interested in her, and thats a long way from San Antonio, and I'm not aware of any discipline issues.

Any word on who we might play in the Big 12/SEC Challenge?  It should be our year to host, and having been a Tournament team last year, we could be in position to bring a pretty good program to Fort Worth.  

Who would we want to see?  Arkansas? aggy?

55 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Any word on who we might play in the Big 12/SEC Challenge?  It should be our year to host, and having been a Tournament team last year, we could be in position to bring a pretty good program to Fort Worth.  

Who would we want to see?  Arkansas? aggy?

I can tell you who it wont be.

Georgia, South Carolina, Vanderbilt or Ole Miss.

My guess, based on last year's standings, is its going to be Arkansas, Kentucky or Missouri.  Here.

On 5/9/2018 at 2:06 PM, Radio Shack Killa said:

I think its probably just as simple as she's not happy at TCU.  In college, players generally transfer for 4 reasons - playing time, personality conflict (usually with the coach), homesick, got in trouble.  The 1st 2 seem the most likely in this case - South Carolina is interested in her, and thats a long way from San Antonio, and I'm not aware of any discipline issues.

Who knows why kids do what they do.  My daughter had a group of 5 other girls who were her best friends in high school who all started college last fall.  2 will be going to new schools next fall and the parents of another are threatening her with making her stay home and go to TCC next year due to bad grades.  And all of these kids are good kids who made good grades in high schools.  Sometimes things just don't work out for whatever reason.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:57 PM, Radio Shack Killa said:

My guess, based on last year's standings, is its going to be Arkansas, Kentucky or Missouri.  Here.

i was half right.  Home game vs Florida.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/full-schedule-matchups-announced-for-2019-big-12sec-challenge

And apparently the SEC didnt use the standings to eliminate 4 teams.  All 4 teams I thought would not be participating are.  Using the same 10 teams as last year, so Auburn, LSU, Missouri, and Missssippi state sitting it out.

1 hour ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

i was half right.  Home game vs Florida.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/full-schedule-matchups-announced-for-2019-big-12sec-challenge

And apparently the SEC didnt use the standings to eliminate 4 teams.  All 4 teams I thought would not be participating are.  Using the same 10 teams as last year, so Auburn, LSU, Missouri, and Missssippi state sitting it out.

Wonder why they wouldn't take the opportunity to pair Agricultural against one of their old in-state foes, and UT in particular ...

I'm sure its just a coincidence that the Ags have never played a team from Texas in the 6 year history of the Challenge....

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

Next yr's roster is out.

14 names.  14 scholarships.

Limit is 13.

Something's happening.

http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/tcu-m-baskbl-mtt.html

Someone on another board mentioned that Mayen might be going back to Australia. Someone has to leave or someone has to not qualify.   Could be Mayen, who knows?

I’m excited for next season. If Alok and Samuel can defend and rebound then we could be very salty. Assuming Bane and Noi continue improving then with our athleticism we should be pretty strong. Really looking forward to seeing how RJ and Kaden play. 

PS Been a long time. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-06-14/10-non-conference-basketball-tournaments-could-be-key-come

The Diamond Head Classic comes right before conference play (Dec. 22-23 & 25) in Honolulu. The teams involved are: Bucknell, Charlotte, Colorado, Hawaii, Indiana State, Rhode Island, TCU and UNLV. The top four seeds should be: 1. TCU; 2. Colorado; 3. Rhode Island; 4. UNLV. A TCU-Colorado final is what would be best for both schools and for the tournament. But host Hawaii always is a spoiler in this event. The Buffaloes should be an NCAA tournament team and will need as many high-profile wins as possible before the Pac-12. If URI wants to get back to the NCAAs under first-year coach David Cox then winning two in this event is a must. UNLV would do wonders for its cause if it could do the same.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Texas and Baylor with better odds?

Image result for jaguars gif

Baylor's the same.  texas is better.  And odds arent strictly based on perceived ability, but on whom the oddsmakers think the betting public will put their money.

6 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

We're 20-1 to make the CFP.

vegas%20odds.jpg

Thought those were national championship odds. Which at one point we’re like 80/1? Didn’t realize they were final 4