Sign in to follow this  
Army Frog Fan

Too early to start a 2018-19 Basketball thread?

Dixon said today that Fisher is likely done for the year. 

And that ladies and gentlemen is why you don't horse around in the rec with your buddies while you're still trying to get your 2nd busted knee back up to game strength.

So just a recap:

- Fisher (likely out for season)

- McWilliams (out for season; concussion)

- Archie (transferred)

- Alok (transferred)

Were just snakebit in sports this year. Especially disappointing in basketball because we really could have challenged for the conference championship this year if we were at 100%

4 hours ago, SuperToad said:

And that ladies and gentlemen is why you don't horse around in the rec with your buddies while you're still trying to get your 2nd busted knee back up to game strength.

You're implying Fisher did this, but how do you know? Also, was it announced about McWilliam's concussion? Just haven't seen a tweet or anything.

I found the quote from CJD about Fisher's knee and his status. Note that he says Jaylen will be out "for the foreseeable future", not the rest of the season. It may indeed happen that way, but I think all the speculation is even more injurious to the kid. However, sports fans love to speculate.

“I don’t see him playing for the foreseeable future. There was swelling, they drained it and it’s still swelling. It’s just where we’re at. I can’t give you anymore than that. He’s obviously devastated and frustrated. It’s a meniscus surgery that just hasn’t gone as most go.”

https://www.frogsowar.com/2019/1/14/18182429/jaylen-fisher-out-for-the-foreseeable-future?utm_campaign=frogsowar&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

TCU’s 98-point output represented the most points West Virginia has given up in school history.

The game marked the Frogs’ best scoring game of the season and helped them snap a two-game skid. Moreover, the 98 points was the most points TCU has scored in regulation in Big 12 play.

https://www.pressboxdfw.com/depleted-frogs-got-the-better-of-disinterested-west-virginia/