Sign in to follow this  
Army Frog Fan

Too early to start a 2018-19 Basketball thread?

What I learned today:

1) The team can be very good and very bad

2) The phone light thingy before the game has potential, but execution was poor.  Not enough people used their phones for the flashing to show strong enough.

3) The new football stadium construction is much bigger than I expected - extending the front of the stadium at least 50 ft forward.  Full new façade, not just building on top of the existing one.

4)  TCU's OOC opponents are currently 93-65

5) I know I forgot something I thought about posting on the drive home......

edit 6) Disappointed that chicken express is still not back in the arena like they were 2 years ago.

3 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

I was thinking about going to the ISU or the TTU game... lets see if we can't coordinate a road trip from H!

That would be a great idea.  I have my ticket for both games, but will probably not have time for both.  As we get closer, can figure out a plan.

ISU game has women's basketball after the men's game and also TCU baseball is home that weekend. 

The Tech game has tennis that weekend, plus it could be a really good game if both are near the top of the standings by the end of the year. TCU baseball is in Houston for the Tech game.

2 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Hey back in the AP top 25 this week!

Yep, 25th in the AP but still only 28th in the Coaches Poll.  It's nice to have a number next to our name, but I thought we looked weak and confused the last 10 minutes against Baylor (w/o Fisher).

Doesn't sound too promising that Fisher will be back soon:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/01/07/knee-issues-persist-jaylen-fisher-tcu-gears-top-25-dogfight-kansas

Dixon said Monday that Fisher endured "significant swelling" in his right knee upon the team's return from the Diamond Head Classic in late December -- swelling that has not gone down through the first week of January. Fisher was forced to miss the Horned Frogs' Big 12 opener vs. Baylor on Saturday, a game which TCU won 85-81. 

"We took a couple days off  [after the tournament] and then there was swelling the next day and then after the break the swelling had not gone down," Dixon said, "When I say 'significant swelling' it’s similar to what he had, but it hasn’t gone down now in a longer period of time. 

"We’re now at about 11 days since that previous game so that’s where we’re at now. But we knew it would be something that was coming and going." 

1 hour ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Dixon seems to have confidence in Rembhard. Career has started slow but he had a good game last game and could be a blessing in disguise having Fisher out if he gets some confidence and a rhythm to his game. 

We're always a better team with a healthy fisher, but building depth is so important.

Excited for tonight!