Sign in to follow this  
Army Frog Fan

Too early to start a 2018-19 Basketball thread?

Looks like we lose Vlad, Kenrich, Hamby and a couple of bench warmers in Dry, Crawford, and Sottile. Newbies (including the guys presently red-shirting) will be Angus McWilliams, Kevin Samuel, Lat Mayen, Kaden Archie, Kendric Davis, and Russell Barlow, from what I can tell.

I am guessing the starting 5 will be:

PG - Jaylon Fisher

SG - Desmond Bane

SF - Kuot Noi

PF - JD Miller

C - Kevin Samuel or Angus McWilliams

With Robinson as the 7th man and solid minutes from Olden, Archie, and Nembhard, TCU should have a solid team.  I am a bit worried about running out a bunch of bigs that have never played in a single NCAA game, but at least Samuel and McWilliams are already on campus.

44 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

SG - Desmond Bane

:wub::wub::wub:

8 hours ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Looks like we lose Vlad, Kenrich, Hamby and a couple of bench warmers in Dry, Crawford, and Sottile. Newbies (including the guys presently red-shirting) will be Angus McWilliams, Kevin Samuel, Lat Mayen, Kaden Archie, Kendric Davis, and Russell Barlow, from what I can tell.

I am guessing the starting 5 will be:

PG - Jaylon Fisher

SG - Desmond Bane

SF - Kuot Noi

PF - JD Miller

C - Kevin Samuel or Angus McWilliams

With Robinson as the 7th man and solid minutes from Olden, Archie, and Nembhard, TCU should have a solid team.  I am a bit worried about running out a bunch of bigs that have never played in a single NCAA game, but at least Samuel and McWilliams are already on campus.

I like JD Miller, but he is a definite downgrade from Kenrich. 

We're gonna see at least 1 transfers/non-qualifiers.  we've got 14 on the roster for next year.

C  Alok, Samuel, McWilliam

F Miller, Barlow

F Noi, Mayen, Archie

G Bane, Olden, Nembhard

G Fisher, Robinson, Davis

Current candidates for transfer, IMO, would be Robinson and Nembhard.  Any of the incoming players could be possibilities.

59 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

Current candidates for transfer, IMO, would be Robinson and Nembhard.  Any of the incoming players could be possibilities.

As in, Alex Robinson? I'd be shocked. He's already transferred once, and I have no reason to believe he won't yet again finish the season as our starting PG. His senior leadership will be key, and Dixon will get him plenty of PT. If Alok can run the court, I could see us playing a lot of small ball with Fischer, Robinson, Bane, Noi, and Alok.

22 minutes ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Gonna depend on how the big men develop.  Having never seen any of them, next year is a big question mark in my mind.

Luckily Dixon has a pretty good track record

1 hour ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

We're gonna see at least 1 transfers/non-qualifiers.  we've got 14 on the roster for next year.

C  Alok, Samuel, McWilliam

F Miller, Barlow

F Noi, Mayen, Archie

G Bane, Olden, Nembhard

G Fisher, Robinson, Davis

Olden could probably transfer again if he has the credits to graduate.  2 years at Pepperdine, 1 at JUCO and 1 at TCU might be enough to do that if he got some summer school credits.  I don't see him getting too much playing time with a healthy Fisher and a healthy Nembhard.

26 minutes ago, Vlade Divac said:

As in, Alex Robinson? I'd be shocked. He's already transferred once, and I have no reason to believe he won't yet again finish the season as our starting PG. His senior leadership will be key, and Dixon will get him plenty of PT. If Alok can run the court, I could see us playing a lot of small ball with Fischer, Robinson, Bane, Noi, and Alok.

wouldnt shock me at all.  He'll be eligible for a senior transfer, and I dont think he starts next year.  The offense worked better with Fisher or Robinson, but not Fisher AND Robinson.  And then there's Bane.

Not saying it will happen, but its out there.

12 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Wrong thread.  This is a basketball thread for next season...

So does that make it too early or too late?

56 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Wrong thread.  This is a basketball thread for next season...

Oops. My b.

12 hours ago, RedHill said:

30629499_2023954130967242_26286716645404

UTA is reallyyyyyy going to regret that move to let him go. One of the most baffling coaching decisions I've ever seen.

Oh well. Their loss, our gain. Even if it's just for a year. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Former UTA head coach Scott Cross joins TCU Basketball staff

That didn’t take long.

Scott Cross, who was fired as the UTA head basketball coach just a few weeks ago has moved across town, taking an assistant coach position vacated by David Patrick, who was officially announced as the new head coach at UC Riverside just this week.

I can’t overstate what a huge hire this is for the Frogs, swooping in to pick up one of the top coaches on the market and bringing him in as a top flight recruiter and talent developer. Cross is energetic, experienced, and a perfect fit for the culture of winning that Dixon is working to install in Fort Worth.

The entirety of Cross’ professional career has been in Arlington, where he played for the Mavs from 1994-1998 before becoming an assistant coach for the next eight seasons. He led the Mavs to an NCAA Tournament appearance in 2008, earned two NIT bids (2012 & 2017) as well as two trips to the CIT (2013 and 2016). He has two coach of the year awards and was a finalist for a third in addition to being named a finalist for the 2016 Skip Prosser Man of the Year Award.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2018/4/12/17231880/former-uta-head-coach-scott-cross-joins-tcu-basketball-staff

Two TCU hoopers invited to play in front of reps from every NBA team

TCU seniors Vladimir Brodziansky and Kenrich Williams will have the opportunity to play in from of representatives from every NBA team this week as they participate in the annual Portsmouth Invitational Tournament in Portsmouth, Va.

The Frogs stars are among the 64 professional men's basketball prospects chosen for this tournament, which will last four days.

http://www.star-telegram.com/latest-news/article208683779.html

Portsmouth has been around forever.  Its a 'please, look at me' for seniors trying to get drafted these days.  Usually between 2 and 7 players in any given year who play there end up getting drafted, mostly in 2nd round.  With the proliferation of underclassmen and Euros getting drafted, and the draft only being 2 rounds, seniors these days sometimes get overlooked.  The fact that KWill and Vlad even got invited speaks volumes to the strides the program has made.  After the draft the NBA Summer Leagues will be the next opportunity to show what they can do to pro scouts.  You can be fairly sure some reps from Europe (agents and/or scouts) will be at Portsmouth, too.

1 hour ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

Portsmouth has been around forever.  Its a 'please, look at me' for seniors trying to get drafted these days.  Usually between 2 and 7 players in any given year who play there end up getting drafted, mostly in 2nd round.  With the proliferation of underclassmen and Euros getting drafted, and the draft only being 2 rounds, seniors these days sometimes get overlooked.  The fact that KWill and Vlad even got invited speaks volumes to the strides the program has made.  After the draft the NBA Summer Leagues will be the next opportunity to show what they can do to pro scouts.  You can be fairly sure some reps from Europe (agents and/or scouts) will be at Portsmouth, too.

I see Vlad going back to Europe to play.  I don't really think he has an NBA game.  Kenrich, on the other hand, is tailor made to be a Spur.  They love those Swiss Army knife type players who can do a little bit of everything with no ego who can fit into a system well.

South Dakota grad transfer Matt Mooney is down to Creighton, Northwestern, Texas Tech, Utah State and Arizona State, he tells ESPN.

One of the best available grad transfers. 18.7 PPG this past season. @MoonSwag13