Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Newbomb Turk

TCU Baseball 2018 - The Season of the Big XII Championship in Tennis

Recommended Posts

I too haven't watched much of this year's CWS, but I think I might watch tonight.  Oregon State won a thriller last night to even it up with the Hogs and tonight is winner-take-all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jared said:

Oregon State won a thriller last night 

 

To say the least.  Arkansas was one strike away from the title in the Top of the 9th, Hog fans on their feet with cameras ready to caputre the celebration.  Then they got a foul pop up... that fell between three defenders.  Next pitch, game-tying single.  Two pitches later, 2-run bomb to give Oregon State a lead that couldn't be overcome in the bottom of the inning.

 

I want the Razorbacks to win, but there was an odd comfort in seeing all those Arkansas-dwelling Cardinals fans experience that "one strike away" heartbreak.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

 

To say the least.  Arkansas was one strike away from the title in the Top of the 9th, Hog fans on their feet with cameras ready to caputre the celebration.  Then they got a foul pop up... that fell between three defenders.  Next pitch, game-tying single.  Two pitches later, 2-run bomb to give Oregon State a lead that couldn't be overcome in the bottom of the inning.

 

I want the Razorbacks to win, but there was an odd comfort in seeing all those Arkansas-dwelling Cardinals fans experience that "one strike away" heartbreak.

The ESPN app even prematurely posted that the hogs had won it all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole "letting a convicted pedophile play on our team" thing really made me want Oregon State to lose.  However, that freshman pitcher they threw last night and their sophomore catcher are freakin' studs.

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

The whole "letting a convicted pedophile play on our team" thing really made me want Oregon State to lose.  However, that freshman pitcher they threw last night and their sophomore catcher are freakin' studs.

The pitcher who won last night was the same kid who came in to Wednesday's game in relief in the 8th in that fantastic finish. And, the catcher was named Most Outstanding Player of the CWS. All the Beavers are celebrating up here, for sure.

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2018/06/oregon_state_baseball_college_1.html#incart_big-photo

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/23939907/college-world-series-pitching-masterpiece-earns-oregon-state-beavers-ncaa-title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I still can't seem to post tweets since twitter got rid of the 'copy tweet' function. But anywho, the Frogs signed a JUCO outfielder last night who made a last minute switch from Arizona.

 

Impressive numbers:

 

.371, 10 HRs, 64 rbi in 50 games

 

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaypeazy8/status/1019385907596668928?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1019385907596668928&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpublish.twitter.com%2F%3Fquery%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fjaypeazy8%2Fstatus%2F1019385907596668928%26widget%3DTweet

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperToad said:

Well I still can't seem to post tweets since twitter got rid of the 'copy tweet' function.

You don't have "Copy link to Tweet" in the little pull-down arrow at the top right on mobile anymore, ST? That's how I posted it up there ^. Is your app up to date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

You don't have "Copy link to Tweet" in the little pull-down arrow at the top right on mobile anymore, ST? That's how I posted it up there ^. Is your app up to date?

 

I don't have the app, I just look at tweets online. Don't have time for Twitter.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SuperToad said:

 

I don't have the app, I just look at tweets online. Don't have time for Twitter.

I guess that's why you can't quote tweets, then. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I guess that's why you can't quote tweets, then. lol

 

I used to be able to though. I guess they just got rid of the function for non-Twitter users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuperToad said:

 

I used to be able to though. I guess they just got rid of the function for non-Twitter users.

Damn the Man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SuperToad said:

Well I still can't seem to post tweets since twitter got rid of the 'copy tweet' function. But anywho, the Frogs signed a JUCO outfielder last night who made a last minute switch from Arizona.

 

Impressive numbers:

 

.371, 10 HRs, 64 rbi in 50 games

 

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaypeazy8/status/1019385907596668928?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1019385907596668928&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpublish.twitter.com%2F%3Fquery%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fjaypeazy8%2Fstatus%2F1019385907596668928%26widget%3DTweet

 

 

Some background on Jordan Parker:

 

http://eastfieldnews.com/2018/05/02/outfielder-transferring-to-arizona/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lineup is looking a lot better than it did a month ago. Returning we have Josh Watson and Johnny Rizer in the outfield; Conner Shepherd, Adam Oviedo and Coby Boulware in the infield; and Zach Humphreys at catcher. We need another outfielder, a first baseman and a designated hitter. The prospects:

Jordan Parker, see immediately above

Colton Parrish, senior backup catcher who is hitting .286 in summer ball

Nicholas Juaire, freshman catcher from Minnesota who hit .500 with 6 home runs. He could learn first base, DH, or if he is good enough defensively, could move Humphreys

Porter Brown, outfielder from San Antonio Reagan, all state and Perfect Game Under 17 All Tournament. Good speed.

Bryson Jackson, the freshman football receiver who wants to play both sports. Also good speed.

Redshirt freshmen Brad Ski and R.J. Lan.

 

I expect the coaches will try to sort out the three best hitters from this list, see if one can learn to play first, another goes to the outfield and the third is DH. 

 

Oh, and we should have at least a dozen first-rate pitchers.

  • Upvote (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...