Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Army Frog Fan

Too early to start a 2018 TCU Football thread?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Vlade Divac said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24264151/college-football-preseason-player-rankings-ed-oliver-leads-way

 

Top 50 Players. Not a lot of Big 12 love:

 

3. Will Grier, QB WVU

18. David Sills V, WR WVU

38. Kyler Murray, QB OU

44. Rodney Anderson, RB OU

 

 

Kyler Murray?  Seriously?

 

I would put Ben Banogu, Darius Anderson, Ty Summers, Jalen Reagor and Ross Blacklock above Murray. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

 

Kyler Murray?  Seriously?

 

I would put Ben Banogu, Darius Anderson, Ty Summers, Jalen Reagor and Ross Blacklock above Murray. 

 

Banogu is the only blatant omission. He was potentially going to be a first round pick at one of the most impactful positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vlade Divac said:

 

Banogu is the only blatant omission. He was potentially going to be a first round pick at one of the most impactful positions.

 

I’m not saying all of them deserve to be in the top 50 Kyler doesn’t deserve to be in the top 200.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

This Athlon writer has us beating Ohio State but losing to the Rapey Bears.  I'm not okay with that ...

Nope, I'd rather it be the other way around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Vlade Divac said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24264151/college-football-preseason-player-rankings-ed-oliver-leads-way

 

Top 50 Players. Not a lot of Big 12 love:

 

3. Will Grier, QB WVU

18. David Sills V, WR WVU

38. Kyler Murray, QB OU

44. Rodney Anderson, RB OU

 

Good ... good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TCU pushes to earn Big 12 title, is No. 20 in 2018 preseason college football rankings

While much of the attention has been focused on the offense, the Horned Frogs have delivered stellar performances on the defensive side of the football during that stretch including last season in which the team ranked first in the Big 12 in total defense.

 

Gary Patterson’s club has plenty of impact players making them a threat in the Big 12 which is why TCU is No. 20 in Orlando Sentinel college insider Matt Murschel preseason 2018 college football rankings. Murschel ranked all 129 Football Bowl Subdivision teams in the country. The Sentinel staff takes a closer look at a new team daily, counting backward from No. 129 to our projected No. 1 team.

 

Today at No. 20: TCU

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college-football-rankings/os-sp-college-football-rankings-tcu-0807-story.html?src=rss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duquesne Frog said:

This Athlon writer has us beating Ohio State but losing to the Rapey Bears.  I'm not okay with that ...

 

WTF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting article on 247 about the QB's

 

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/The-starting-quarterback-competition-at-TCU-is-still-neck-and-neck-according-to-offensive-coordinator-Sonny-Cumbie-120439912/

 

I think Robinson will start. And I thought a lot of the Collins stuff was smoke like Joekel in 2014. But the Niko Small quote was interesting.

  • Thanks (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's something interesting I picked up from the Frog Cast over lunch.  Freshman WR John Stephens is the half-brother of the reigning US Open champ and French Open runner-up Sloane Stephens.  His dad was NFL running back John Stephens who was rookie of the year with the Pats back in 1988.  The dad apparently died in a car crash back in 2009.  Judging from Sloane Stephens's wikipedia, it looks like she and John probably never lived together in a family unit but it's still a cool little factoid. 

 

BTW, here's a link to the podcast.

 

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/Its-time-for-another-edition-of-the-HornedFrogBlitz-FrogCast-87-120454026/

 

 

  • Thanks (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chip Brown, the Longhorn's version of Mac Engle, has predicted that the two participants in the Big12 CCG this year will be Iowa State and TCU.  Needless to say, this is being trumpeted in Ames and lambasted in Austin. 

 

Also, TCU is the best team ever in terms of College GameDay performances as a participant - the Frogs are 6-0.  North Dakota State is 2-0 and 12 other schools are 1-0.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jared said:

Chip Brown, the Longhorn's version of Mac Engle, has predicted that the two participants in the Big12 CCG this year will be Iowa State and TCU.  Needless to say, this is being trumpeted in Ames and lambasted in Austin. 

 

Also, TCU is the best team ever in terms of College GameDay performances as a participant - the Frogs are 6-0.  North Dakota State is 2-0 and 12 other schools are 1-0.

 

6-0 is kind of a fun stat. Wonder if we get it again this year? Maybe OU weekend? 2 years in a row seems aggressive but ya never know. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 11:23 AM, TCaliU said:

Opened up at 50-1, now we're at 90-1. About to put some money on the frogs...

 

 

IMG_20180804_121711_1-756x1008-567x756.jpg

I go to vegas every year before the football season and put a $100 on TCU at the Mirage. Last year the frogs had a statistical chance until they lost in Big 12 Championship. Last years odds were 75/1. I'm going on the Aug 17. I'd love to see 90/1.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

 

6-0 is kind of a fun stat. Wonder if we get it again this year? Maybe OU weekend? 2 years in a row seems aggressive but ya never know. 

 

OU seems like the most likely home game.  Ohio State, Texas (if we beat OSU and they beat USC) and West Virginia could also be Game Day material.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Black-it-out-Frog! said:

I go to vegas every year before the football season and put a $100 on TCU at the Mirage. Last year the frogs had a statistical chance until they lost in Big 12 Championship. Last years odds were 75/1. I'm going on the Aug 17. I'd love to see 90/1.

You might see our sorely missed member there. He does the same as you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CBSSports has TCU at 15th (but the fans have rated us as "over-rated").

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jared said:

(but the fans have rated us as "over-rated").

Excellent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Black-it-out-Frog! said:

I go to vegas every year before the football season and put a $100 on TCU at the Mirage. Last year the frogs had a statistical chance until they lost in Big 12 Championship. Last years odds were 75/1. I'm going on the Aug 17. I'd love to see 90/1.

 

I got 100/1 odds on TCU last year (June I think?)... can't remember which sports book though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

 

OU seems like the most likely home game.  Ohio State, Texas (if we beat OSU and they beat USC) and West Virginia could also be Game Day material.

 

Oh yeah... I could see the UT one for sure. They haven't been to Austin in a while either.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Black-it-out-Frog! said:

I go to vegas every year before the football season and put a $100 on TCU at the Mirage. Last year the frogs had a statistical chance until they lost in Big 12 Championship. Last years odds were 75/1. I'm going on the Aug 17. I'd love to see 90/1.

Question for the betters.  Do the championship odds generally change much during the first couple weeks of the season?  So if I do not have a chance to bet before it starts but maybe get to a casino during the Ohio st weekend am I missing out on better returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Endless Purple said:

Question for the betters.

They're really no better than you, EP.

  • Haha  (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never know.

 

Also when did parking lots EC-2 and EC-3 become reserved space parking?  I just received a little football guide letter for tickets and it gave me a parking space number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...