Sign in to follow this  
SuperToad

2019 Football Recruiting Thread, Sponsored by Pappadeaux Waco (COMING SOON!)

We seem to have an obsession with Dlinemen with a last name that starts with "B". Which is a-ok with me because I love the Dline's nickname "Killer B's"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone with a subscription tell us if the Darwin Barlow update on 247 is positive or negative? Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

Can someone with a subscription tell us if the Darwin Barlow update on 247 is positive or negative? Thanks.

TBD.  I think he just likes to take visits but will still be a Frog in the end.

247 released their final rankings and Duggan jumped from #207 all the way up to #124 overall and the #3 dual threat QB.  Foster finished at #139 overall and the #8 running back.  To compare Duggan to Shawn R. and Justin R., Shawn was #198 overall and the #6 dual threat QB and Justin was #43 overall and #3 dual threat QB.  Foster is probably the highest rated RB we've ever signed.  Sewo was classified as an athlete and not a RB coming in but was #124 overall.  Darius was #349 overall and the #17 RB.  Shaun Nixon was #178 overall but was classified as an "all purpose back" rather than a pure RB and was used primarily as a slot receiver here.  Kyle Hicks was #197 overall and the #15 RB. 

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/Duggan-and-Foster-make-final-247Sports-Top-247-128205908/

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Anyone with a 247 subscription, is the most recent update on Barlow good, bad, or indifferent?

👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Burner said:

Nebraska's 247 guy put in a crystal ball for TCU so I think we've got this one. 

BTW, Jordan would be our 3rd highest ranked recruit per the 247 rankings (not the composite).  He's 196th nationally.  Only Duggan and D. Foster are higher on 247.

• Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

I was expecting the Jordan news today, but ecstatic to see this.  I think he's going to do big things wearing purple black.

Let's get with the program. :rolleyes:

• Haha  (+1) 2

I'm trying to wrap my head around how Arkansas is putting together one of their best classes ever after a train wreck of a first year under Morris.

18 hours ago, SuperToad said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around how Arkansas is putting together one of their best classes ever after a train wreck of a first year under Morris.

Image result for cash duffle bag gif

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

No surprise as Kee'yon Stewart commits to the Frogs.  

Tech made a late push. I was a little worried after Tech hired his HS coach. But ultimately felt pretty good about it, especially with Jordan committing. They were really close throughout the recruiting process. I'm really excited about Stewart. He plays hard and hits even harder.

Welcome Keeyon! 

Keeyon Stewart

5-11

S/CB

Offers include: TTU, Louisville, Utah, Washington, Houston, KU, Syracuse, and others.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 2/6/2019 at 5:15 AM, SuperToad said:

Tech made a late push. I was a little worried after Tech hired his HS coach. But ultimately felt pretty good about it, especially with Jordan committing. They were really close throughout the recruiting process. I'm really excited about Stewart. He plays hard and hits even harder.

Welcome Keeyon! 

Keeyon Stewart

5-11

S/CB

Offers include: TTU, Louisville, Utah, Washington, Houston, KU, Syracuse, and others.

Can’t coach that type of nose for the ball. Add 20lbs and he will be a monster 

It looks like we have 88 signed or on board, three over the 85 scholarship limit. Yet Patterson said at his signing day press conference we will not be up to 85 until next December. So there must be more than three currently on the roster who are leaving.

National signing day grades for every Power 5 program

2628.pngTCU Horned Frogs

Grade: B | National rank: 32

The Horned Frogs signed a top-25 class in the 2018 cycle and have followed with a top-30 class that is among the Big 12's best in the 2019 cycle, with four-star QB Max Duggan the headliner. Nearby Aledo High continues to supply Gary Patterson with talented prospects such as four-star DE Colt Ellison and hard-hitting three-star OLB Wyatt Harris. Continuing to add talent on the defensive front is key, and Ellison is joined by athletic DT Karter Johnson out of Ohio. Four-star ATH Dylan Jordan will likely transition to OLB in Patterson's defense. Three-star OT Andrew Coker was a nice signing over Texas A&M and Texas, and he is joined on the OL by OT Brannon Brown. Four-star RB Daimarqua Foster will bring 4.4 speed to Fort Worth, and three-star RB Darwin Barlow is a solid between-the-tackles runner. Three-star WR Blair Conwright will be a vertical threat, as will be juco WR Mikel Barkley. Three-stars Deshawn McCuin and Josh Foster are good bets to start in the Frogs' secondary down the line.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25940737/national-signing-day-grades-every-power-5-program#Big12

If this kid plays football half as good as he wrestles, he's going to be an All-American.

15 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

If this kid plays football half as good as he wrestles, he's going to be an All-American.

Didn't realize Eric Roberts was eligible.