Sign in to follow this  
SuperToad

2019 Football Recruiting Thread, Sponsored by Pappadeaux Waco (COMING SOON!)

His PR in the 100M is 10.76.  That’s flying.  His Hudl claims a 4.38 40 and a 4.09 shuttle but I would take that with a grain of salt.   Those times would be great for the NFL combine, much less a high school kid.  

5 hours ago, $mooth said:

2 questions. Is this a BJ Catalon relative?

and #5, really???

Yes.  BJ's cousin.  It's supposedly an Arkansas - TCU battle.  The parents don't like UT and he may have a girlfriend who is going to Arkansas.  Jalen tore his ACL in the first game of the season but he's one of the top recruits in DFW. 

5 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

Pretty nice grad transfer pickup for DE next year, whether that's at starter or backup.

Former South Carolina defensive end Shameik Blackshear will wrap up his college career at TCU and play for coach Gary Patterson, he announced Saturday.

“Thank you to @TCUCoachP for giving me the opportunity to play my last year of eligibility at TCU #CarterBoys19,” Blackshear said via Twitter.

Blackshear told The State that he will graduate in May. He will play at TCU as a graduate transfer.

The Horned Frogs were 7-6 in 2018 (4-5 in the Big 12) with a win over Cal in the Cheez Its Bowl.

“I am grateful for my lessons learned as I transition to the next phase of my life and my career,” Blackshear tweeted Dec. 31 with his decision to leave the Gamecocks.

The Bluffton High product had 34 tackles and a sack with the Gamecokcs. He played in 13 games this year, mostly as a reserve, but he started two games, including the Belk Bowl and the regular season finale against Akron.

“I would like to express my sincere thanks to the University of South Carolina Football program and coaching staff for affording me the Gamecock experience,” Blackshear wrote on a December statement posted on social media. “Also, I would like to express my gratitude for the love and support of Gamecock Nation. In addition, the Gamecock staff was an intricate part of my success as a student athlete. During my college experience at South Carolina, I was afforded great opportunity to grow as a person and develop on and off the field. I will Forever be connected to my teammates and friends that I have made while at South Carolina. I am grateful for my lessons learned as I transition to the next phase of my life and my career. Thank you GAMECOCK NATION!”

Blackshear was a four-star prospect with scholarship offers from Clemson, Florida State, Florida and Georgia when he signed with the Gamecocks in 2015. He was rated the No. 12 player in his recruiting class at any position after his sophomore season, but a high school knee injury and injuries suffered at South Carolina when he was shot in December of 2015 slowed his development.

He had a career-best five tackles against Florida this year. 

The only experienced defensive ends South Carolina will return in 2019 are Danny Fennell, Keir Thomas, D.J. Wonnum, Brad Johnson and Aaron Sterling. Fennell, Wonnum and Sterling all will be returning from surger

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article224811350.html

1 hour ago, SuperToad said:

Pretty nice grad transfer pickup for DE next year, whether that's at starter or backup.

Whoop! This is the number one guy I wanted in this class. If healthy, he should restore the pass rush we have become accustomed to, and could make a difference of two or three additional wins next season. Has had some off-field issues, but multiple sources have indicated he has turned his life around and really dedicated himself for the last couple of years.

24 minutes ago, Burner said:

Whoop! This is the number one guy I wanted in this class. If healthy, he should restore the pass rush we have become accustomed to, and could make a difference of two or three additional wins next season. Has had some off-field issues, but multiple sources have indicated he has turned his life around and really dedicated himself for the last couple of years.

Yeah, with Workman and  Blackshear we are in much better shape at DE than we were with just Mathis and Bowen.  

1 hour ago, Burner said:

After the last few years, this makes me worry about the shoe dropping when I open the daily blat in the Startlegram or on the webwidenetworldinter thingies....

3 hours ago, HEBFrogfan said:

After the last few years, this makes me worry about the shoe dropping when I open the daily blat in the Startlegram or on the webwidenetworldinter thingies....

Yep. It caught my eye, too.

17 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Another high-potential DE in the fold as Earl Barquet just committed!

Barquet was being highly recruited before he suffered a torn labrum his junior season.  That, combined with a too low ACT score, severely curtailed his recruitment but he played last season and supposedly has a qualifying score now. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7472514/5a00b961664be109d85228f6