Sign in to follow this  
SuperToad

2019 Football Recruiting Thread, Sponsored by Pappadeaux Waco (COMING SOON!)

A few names to keep an eye on:

-Grant Gunnell, QB from Houston St. Pius X (6-6, 212).  Currently committed to aggy, but both Sumlin and his OC have left since then.  #1 Pro-Style QB in this class.  

-Dylan Wright, WR from West Mesquite (6-3, 291).  I've seen him listed as being up to 6'5" in some places - but however tall he is, he's a physical specimen.  Offer list a mile long, but it sounds like TCU is a heavy favorite here.

-Garrett Wilson, WR from Austin Lake Travis (6-0, 185).  Has nearly 2,500 yards & 40 TDs over the past two seasons for the Cavaliers.  Gonna be tough to fight off the blue-bloods here, but he visited last weekend and tweeted about how much he loved TCU.

-Hunter Spears, DE from Garland Sachse (6-4, 280).  Tweeted that he loved his visit to TCU, but it sounds like Notre Dame & Alabama are heavily in the mix.  

-William Jones, CB from Mansfield Summit (5-10, 165).  TCU was the first (and thus far only) FBS school to offer him a scholarship, but there's buzz that he may commit soon.

-Caden Davis, K from Coppell (6-1, 186).  Current aggy commit but recently picked up a TCU offer.

10 minutes ago, Peacefrog said:

Very much under the radar guy nationally, but is recognized as one of the best lockdown corners in the metroplex by local sports guys. In addition, he is a hell of a track star. Very fast. Great get!

William Jones II

CB

5-10, 170 lbs

No ranking yet (not released by 247 yet for 2019).

5 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

-Caden Davis, K from Coppell (6-1, 186).  Current aggy commit but recently picked up a TCU offer.

That’ll be a tough flip. He’s from an Aggie family. 

He’s damn good though. He’s only missed one PAT in his career. Unfortunately it was in OT of the playoffs. 

http://texashsfootball.com/cedar-ridge-edges-coppell-overtime/

CB will definitely be an emphasis with this class, especially if we don't hang on to Derius Davis and don't get a couple more commits. After missing out on our top targets and Eddie Smith decommitting in the 2018 class, it's put us in a bit of a pickle.

On 1/24/2018 at 8:37 AM, SuperToad said:

CB will definitely be an emphasis with this class, especially if we don't hang on to Derius Davis and don't get a couple more commits. After missing out on our top targets and Eddie Smith decommitting in the 2018 class, it's put us in a bit of a pickle.

I hope they put a big push into signing Jeffery "Scooby" Carter from Aledo.  He just de-committed from OU a few days ago. 

Two more 2019 QB offers out - both out of state:

-Taisun Phommachanh (6-3, 186) from Bridgeport, Connecticut.  Listed as a dual-threat QB and athlete, so I'm as unsure about where he'd play at TCU as I am at how to pronounce that name.  He threw for 25 TDs against just 1 INT last year, though, and has offers from Michigan, Iowa, Kentucky, Pitt, Syracuse, Minnesota and others.  

-Max Duggan (6-2, 190) from Council Bluffs, Iowa.  Very long offer list that includes Ohio State, Nebraska, Penn State, Georgia, North Carolina, Ole Miss, etc.

On 1/31/2018 at 4:24 PM, Lyle Lanley II said:

Two more 2019 QB offers out - both out of state:

-Taisun Phommachanh (6-3, 186) from Bridgeport, Connecticut.  Listed as a dual-threat QB and athlete, so I'm as unsure about where he'd play at TCU as I am at how to pronounce that name.  He threw for 25 TDs against just 1 INT last year, though, and has offers from Michigan, Iowa, Kentucky, Pitt, Syracuse, Minnesota and others.  

-Max Duggan (6-2, 190) from Council Bluffs, Iowa.  Very long offer list that includes Ohio State, Nebraska, Penn State, Georgia, North Carolina, Ole Miss, etc.

Taisun is from the same school as Lucas Niang and Micheal Collins 

There was lots of buzz on twitter last night that a 2019 commit could be coming very soon.

One name speculated about was Justin Osborne, the 6-4, 275 OT from Flower Mound Marcus that will be playing his senior year at IMG Academy in Florida.  Right now his crystal ball is 50% TCU, 50% OU - with offers also from A&M, Michigan, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Arkansas & Missouri amongst others.

12 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

There was lots of buzz on twitter last night that a 2019 commit could be coming very soon.

One name speculated about was Justin Osborne, the 6-4, 275 OT from Flower Mound Marcus that will be playing his senior year at IMG Academy in Florida.  Right now his crystal ball is 50% TCU, 50% OU - with offers also from A&M, Michigan, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Arkansas & Missouri amongst others.

BOOM!

On 1/31/2018 at 7:29 PM, PurpleDawg said:

Where do you think his family name comes from? I have no clue. Asia? ME? India?

My wild and uninformed guess is Thailand.  If I've guessed wrong, I hope Taisun will accept my apology.

Friends that lived in Honolulu for a bit, Texans by birth and nurture, told me that if you pronounce every  noun and vowel as a syllable and emphasize no syllable your pronunciation of one of the oceanic/east Asian names will usually be pretty close.  Close enough to avoid serious offense, but maybe not close enough to avoid being laughed at.