Sign in to follow this  
SuperToad

New AGCS East Side Renderings Released

Not a fan of the new look from the renderings.  Getting too modern looking and not enough yellow brick.  I like things that keep the idea of classic tradition or history brought into a design for college.  I like how they mixed the art deco into the rebuild, but seems to be losing some of the classic side in the add on.  I do like the patio though.

3 hours ago, Boston Frog said:

I had to wait my turn and drop some hints. The fact that I was near death is probably what convinced him to take me up there. 

Neither you nor I are equipped for Texas heat anymore after being away for so long.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Neither you nor I are equipped for Texas heat anymore after being away for so long.

No joke. It's been 21 years. I can't handle it anymore. On the other hand, the cold almost never bothers me. 

6 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

No joke. It's been 21 years. I can't handle it anymore. On the other hand, the cold almost never bothers me. 

I like the cold and rain. I've been gone 13 years and even an Oregon summer (or what passes for summer, anyway) does me in.

1 hour ago, Endless Purple said:

Not a fan of the new look from the renderings.  Getting too modern looking and not enough yellow brick.  I like things that keep the idea of classic tradition or history brought into a design for college.  I like how they mixed the art deco into the rebuild, but seems to be losing some of the classic side in the add on.  I do like the patio though.

Huh? There's plenty of TCU yellow brick, and it almost mirrors the west side.

If you think that's too modern, you should check out UH's new stadium exterior. It's awful.

16 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

Huh? There's plenty of TCU yellow brick, and it almost mirrors the west side.

If you think that's too modern, you should check out UH's new stadium exterior. It's awful.

The first picture on the adobe link shows everything from midway up is white - no brick.  Also everything midway up is long tall windows, no arches, just squared of rectangles.  Put some curves up top - and I am referencing the architectural type.

Don't care about UH's stadium.

49 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

When do I get to become cold immune? It has been 6 years for me and each one has been worse than the previous. (Yesterday it was 5°, and I couldn't find enough heaters and blankets to make it tolerable. I am dreading the -20° and below snap that will come later.)

15 minutes ago, Endless Purple said:

The first picture on the adobe link shows everything from midway up is white - no brick.  Also everything midway up is long tall windows, no arches, just squared of rectangles.  Put some curves up top - and I am referencing the architectural type.

Don't care about UH's stadium.

If you look at the rendering that squarely faces the east side, you'll see the yellow brick. That side view just didn't do a good job of showing the color. I promise it's there.

Go look at the 00:10 second mark on the video in the OP. Hardly any different than the west side design and no more "modern" than what's already in place. 

4 minutes ago, Feeling Froggy said:

When do I get to become cold immune? It has been 6 years for me and each one has been worse than the previous. (Yesterday it was 5°, and I couldn't find enough heaters and blankets to make it tolerable. I am dreading the -20° and below snap that will come later.)

That's not cold. That's suicidal. It almost never gets that cold here. Having said that, I could probably handle -20 over 105 and humid. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Feeling Froggy said:

Have you tried Brandy?

bernard.gif

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HFrog1999 said:

Have you tried Brandy?

bernard.gif

Not a brandy fan, but bourbon and rum does help. Or at least help to not care. :lol:

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, HFrog1999 said:

Have you tried Brandy?

bernard.gif

She's a fine girl.

• Upvote (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Feeling Froggy said:

That isn't the best, but if you add the rest of the ingredients here, it improves... https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Traditional-Eggnog-513246?prm-v1

I've always wanted to try and make George Washington's recipe but I haven't had the time or occasion.

https://www.almanac.com/content/george-washingtons-christmas-eggnog

GEORGE WASHINGTON’S CHRISTMAS EGGNOG

“One quart cream, one quart milk, one dozen tablespoons sugar, one pint brandy, ½ pint rye whiskey, ½ pint Jamaica rum, ¼ pint sherry—mix liquor first, then separate yolks and whites of 12 eggs, add sugar to beaten yolks, mix well. Add milk and cream, slowly beating. Beat whites of eggs until stiff and fold slowly into mixture. Let set in cool place for several days. Taste frequently.”

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HFrog1999 said:

Let set in cool place for several days. Taste frequently.”

Does that mean to let sit for a few days and then to taste frequently, or to taste frequently while letting the flavors meld? Because one is doable, the other is going to require a much larger measurement of the ingredients contained in the recipe...

57 minutes ago, HFrog1999 said:

I've always wanted to try and make George Washington's recipe but I haven't had the time or occasion.

https://www.almanac.com/content/george-washingtons-christmas-eggnog

GEORGE WASHINGTON’S CHRISTMAS EGGNOG

“One quart cream, one quart milk, one dozen tablespoons sugar, one pint brandy, ½ pint rye whiskey, ½ pint Jamaica rum, ¼ pint sherry—mix liquor first, then separate yolks and whites of 12 eggs, add sugar to beaten yolks, mix well. Add milk and cream, slowly beating. Beat whites of eggs until stiff and fold slowly into mixture. Let set in cool place for several days. Taste frequently.”

No wonder why he didn't have any teeth. 

• Haha  (+1) 2

If those renderings are accurate, then it looks like they have once again scaled back on the size of the video board

I looked into tickets for the legend club. They told me it would cost 50k for the privilege of being allowed to buy the season tickets in that area... plus the cost of the season tickets. 

I like going to TCU games.... but I'll stick to StubHub and GameTime to get tickets yall. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SuperToad said:

If those renderings are accurate, then it looks like they have once again scaled back on the size of the video board

Yup. Still too small.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Black-it-out-Frog! said:

I looked into tickets for the legend club. They told me it would cost 50k for the privilege of being allowed to buy the season tickets in that area... plus the cost of the season tickets. 

I like going to TCU games.... but I'll stick to StubHub and GameTime to get tickets yall. 

Yeah I got rid of my regular "poor man" tickets last year. If I lived in FW I may have kept them, but the ever increasing price, and only 4 conference home games. I'll stick to the secondary market and just come to 2 games/ year.