Sign in to follow this  
DirtyThirdFrog

Fuzzy's Taco Shop

So whats the deal with all the Fuzzy's that have popped up across the country over the last 4-5 years? Saw a coming soon in Downtown Columbus, Ohio?? WTH?

I will say the one in Houston I go at Post Oak and W. Belfort is quite good. Food is spot on- atmosphere isn't the same though.

Are they all franchises? Does the original owner still have the one on W. Berry?

The Fuzzy's a few blocks from my house was....disappointing.  The last time we went, my wife bought a crawfish taco (it was Lent), and it had exactly one piece of crawfish.  We havent been back.

Yes, most are franchises (7 out of 177 are company owned).  The original owners are no longer in control, although one of them is still President of the company.

http://www.nrn.com/operations/fuzzy-s-taco-shop-outlines-plan-controlled-expansion

Fuzzy’s Taco Shop has tripled its franchised restaurant openings over the prior years in the wake of last year’s investment by NRD Capital Management, executives said.

The Fort Worth, Texas-based -chain debuted its 117th restaurant in May, in Bradenton, Fla. It had 90 units in February 2016, when Atlanta-based NRD Capital acquired a 70-percent stake in the company. 

6 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

The Fuzzy's a few blocks from my house was....disappointing.

Yes, most are franchises (7 out of 177 are company owned).  The original owners are no longer in control, although one of them is still President of the company.

http://www.nrn.com/operations/fuzzy-s-taco-shop-outlines-plan-controlled-expansion

Fuzzy’s Taco Shop has tripled its franchised restaurant openings over the prior years in the wake of last year’s investment by NRD Capital Management, executives said.

The Fort Worth, Texas-based -chain debuted its 117th restaurant in May, in Bradenton, Fla. It had 90 units in February 2016, when Atlanta-based NRD Capital acquired a 70-percent stake in the company. 

Wow. they cashed in.

Yeah my buddies around DFW have all said the new ones around them suck.

I wasn't expecting much from the one by my house, but was surprised. Really enjoyed it.

The one in Lewisville isn’t horrible, but it isn’t great either.  They did let my oldest son’s scout pack set up on Taco Tuesdays to sell popcorn.  

I wish Torchys was everywhere.

On 10/25/2017 at 5:14 PM, SFA Frog said:

The one in Lewisville isn’t horrible, but it isn’t great either.  They did let my oldest son’s scout pack set up on Taco Tuesdays to sell popcorn.  

I wish Torchys was everywhere.

Torchy's are very consistent... but they are 100% corporate owned I believe. My Bosses son is a manager at one here in Houston.

I prefer the Original Fuzzy's (its cheaper too) but I can get down on Torchy's as well.