Sign in to follow this  
Luke Chisolm

College Basketball Scandal

17 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Kenrich.  Although he signed with another agent.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Donati has released a statement, but I can't find it anywhere except on the Star-Telegram website, which I don't have access to since I'm not a subscriber. If anyone can copy and paste it here, I'd appreciate it. It's not even on any TCU platform I can find.

On 3/7/2019 at 4:04 PM, PurpleDawg said:

Donati has released a statement, but I can't find it anywhere except on the Star-Telegram website, which I don't have access to since I'm not a subscriber. If anyone can copy and paste it here, I'd appreciate it. It's not even on any TCU platform I can find.

Found it.

What kind of sanctions could the Big12 and the NCAA slap on the program...for as we all know, the Frogs are far from blue-blooded....

LSU suspends Wade indefinitely amid FBI probe

"Recent media reports regarding Coach Will Wade are without question concerning to us all," read a statement from LSU president/chancellor F. King Alexander and athletic director Joe Alleva. "As such, we and university officials have taken deliberate and purposeful steps to fairly assess and adequately address the situation. As we have done since media reports first surfaced months ago, we are closely coordinating with the NCAA with every step. They have our full cooperation and we will continue to report to them all facts and information on this matter.

"All of us at LSU share the obligation to protect the integrity of this institution, as such we have suspended Head Coach Will Wade indefinitely until such time as we can ensure full compliance with the NCAA, as well as institutional policies and standards. Assistant coach Tony Benford will assume the duties of interim coach."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26192669/lsu-suspends-wade-indefinitely-amid-fbi-probe

20 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

The college basketball scandal has now become a college football scandal ...

Martin Blazer said he paid college football players at Alabama, Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan and others

No Big XII-II schools mentioned thus far ...

Yessss! Let's get OU on that list. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boston Frog said:

Yessss! Let's get OU on that list. 

Been around long enough to say, just be careful what you wish for....The old SWC fratricidal atmosphere has been resurrected in the last 2-3 years of the Big 12....And in the SWC, the watch word was, "We've got plenty on you, too"....

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HEBFrogfan said:

Been around long enough to say, just be careful what you wish for....The old SWC fratricidal atmosphere has been resurrected in the last 2-3 years of the Big 12....And in the SWC, the watch word was, "We've got plenty on you, too"....

I remember those days, too. I don't know how much anybody would have on us today. Hopefully nothing. I don't know. 

Nothing new from the SEC.

I think the SEC is about what the SWC was before the collapse in terms of cheating.  Only they are helping each other hide more than threatening to expose.  That is why I have no respect for anything they accomplish on the field.  Same holds true for anyone that wants to buy a championship, including the Frogs if they ever go back to that route.  Boosters - stay clear.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Endless Purple said:

Boosters - stay clear.

This is just a tiny example, but the last time I came home I was at a tailgate that TwangDaddy cooked and a couple of volleyball team members stopped to chat. We tried to feed them and in swooped CDC to shoo them away because of "compliance issues" not allowing it. I guess had he not been close by we would have been in violation and I think that's probably how a lot of these compliance issues come up. It's unfortunate the kids pay the cost for the unwitting error in cases like that most of the time. However, the blatant disregard of the rules and attempt at cover up is an different matter entirely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

This is just a tiny example, but the last time I came home I was at a tailgate that TwangDaddy cooked and a couple of volleyball team members stopped to chat. We tried to feed them and in swooped CDC to shoo them away because of "compliance issues" not allowing it. I guess had he not been close by we would have been in violation and I think that's probably how a lot of these compliance issues come up. It's unfortunate the kids pay the cost for the unwitting error in cases like that most of the time. However, the blatant disregard of the rules and attempt at cover up is an different matter entirely.

Good CDC stopped by, but those types are petty issues.  Many people would feed any social and polite student even if not an athlete, thus technically not an NCAA violation, though hard to prove it is not a benefit with NCAA as judge, jury and executioner.  It's is the blatant funneling of cash specific to recruiting that I have issues with.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

As long as it's not a bagel, particularly with cream cheese, you'd probably be OK...but glad CDC too precaution.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1