Sign in to follow this  
Newbomb Turk

I have a bone to pick with the band

Don't get me wrong: they sounded better than ever (probably because they are bigger and louder than ever), but if you're going to say that you're going to play Kashmir, don't start off by playing Black Dog.

I'm an old man and I confuse easy. 

2 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Don't get me wrong: they sounded better than ever (probably because they are bigger and louder than ever), but if you're going to say that you're going to play Kashmir, don't start off by playing Black Dog.

Could it have, perhaps, been a medley of songs of the artists formerly known as Led Zeppelin?

Just now, Newbomb Turk said:

You really expect Millennials (or whatever the current college generation is called) to know the Led Zeppelin catalog?  That would be like a Gen Xer like me calling One O'clock Jump, String of Pearls ...

They announced "Kashmir," NOT "a medley of Zeppelin songs."

And screw the millennials.*   There were a bunch of old stoners like me going, "That's NOT KASHMIR, MAN!!!"

*This should be on a bronze plaque somewhere.

19 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Maybe a reason they sounded better and were a larger group is because they are paying the kids $3000/year to be in the marching band.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article165398952.html

They need that money to pay for replacement hats after road trips to Arkansas. 

16 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Turk, I sense a bustle in your hedgerow.  Don't be alarmed, now ...

All the angst in this thread....  sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do...

1 hour ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

1st song sounded an awful lot like 'Time Warp' from Rocky Horror........

I'm pretty sure it was considering my 14/13 yo daughters recognized it. They both said they heard the song on an episode of Glee.

On 9/6/2017 at 11:31 AM, HFrog1999 said:

I wanted.....Kashmiiiiir!

EvergreenDimwittedArgusfish-small.gif

"Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, ‘cause I've worked in a lot of offices and I tell you people do that all the time."