Sign in to follow this  
Endless Purple

Texas Coast Frogs

17 hours ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

Thats not the problem.  The Astros suggested swapping series and the Rangers said no.  The Rangers wanted the series in Arlington with no quid pro quo other than to give the ticket revenue to the Astros.  IOW, 3 extra home games.  So to Tampa they go.  Rangers getting roasted for not doing the honorable thing.

Rangers would have been forced to be on the road at the end the year with a four series in a row road trip which is their stated reason for not wanting to do the schedule swap. 

15 minutes ago, Horned Toad said:

Rangers would have been forced to be on the road at the end the year with a four series in a row road trip which is their stated reason for not wanting to do the schedule swap. 

Bfd.  The astros are going to be on the road for 19 games thanks to Harvey.  The Rangers are being tools, trying to take advantage of a disaster to gain an advantage.

Houston Police officer drowns in Harvey floodwaters

A Houston police officer drowned in his patrol car in Harvey floodwaters, according to three department officials.

The officer, an HPD veteran who has been with the department for more than 30 years, was in his patrol car driving to work downtown Sunday morning when he got trapped in high water at I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houston-Police-officer-drowns-in-Harvey-12145510.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

50 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Did he get the kitty? Their flooding scenario sounds heartbreaking, but at least your family is safe.

No.  He couldn't safely get to, or into, the garage.  

My brother just contacted me.  They want to head this way with extended family.  My older brother in Flower Mound and I will take in my little brother and family (wife and 3 boys), and her mom, sister and elderly aunt.  They are trying to get the boys (and elders) out before it gets really bad from a humanitarian perspective.  

4 hours ago, crunch said:

My brother just contacted me.  They want to head this way with extended family.  My older brother in Flower Mound and I will take in my little brother and family (wife and 3 boys), and her mom, sister and elderly aunt.  They are trying to get the boys (and elders) out before it gets really bad from a humanitarian perspective.  

Let me know if the 3 boys and Jax want to come over and run some trains during their stay.   Might be a nice break for them

6 hours ago, crunch said:

Thinking about you all.  My baby brother lost everything in Katrina and lived with us for months.  He and his recovered and are living a good life on Maui.  It will be o.k.  (I hate Louisiana forever.  I have more scars than my brother and I wasn't even there.  I did have to put up with his family, their dogs, and his three pack a day smoking addiction for a few months, so maybe that's why I'm still angry.  Family.  What can you do?)

14 minutes ago, AlohaFrog said:

Thinking about you all.  My baby brother lost everything in Katrina and lived with us for months.  He and his recovered and are living a good life on Maui.  It will be o.k.  (I hate Louisiana forever.  I have more scars than my brother and I wasn't even there.  I did have to put up with his family, their dogs, and his three pack a day smoking addiction for a few months, so maybe that's why I'm still angry.  Family.  What can you do?)

How long did the state quarantine the dogs?

6 hours ago, crunch said:

Not that it helps much, but I have 2 spare tickets to Saturday's game if they want them.

TCU baseball: Matt Carpenter pledges $10,000 per homer to Houston

Former TCU baseball player Matt Carpenter wants to help the area he knows as home.

https://www.diehards.com/tcu/tcu-baseball-matt-carpenter-houston

17 minutes ago, RedHill said:

How long did the state quarantine the dogs?

It was quite a few weeks.  Six or eight weeks.  I forget.  I just remember having to drive in traffic for visiting hours and one of the dogs figuring out that I was the guy he wanted to suck up to.  My brother got jealous.  I pointed him to an Atlantic Monthly article I have loved since I first read it.  "Why Your Dog Pretends to Like You". 

1 hour ago, AlohaFrog said:

It was quite a few weeks.  Six or eight weeks.  I forget.  I just remember having to drive in traffic for visiting hours and one of the dogs figuring out that I was the guy he wanted to suck up to.  My brother got jealous.  I pointed him to an Atlantic Monthly article I have loved since I first read it.  "Why Your Dog Pretends to Like You". 

When I moved to Hawaii in 1984 they wanted to quarantine my dog for a year!  I left her here with a friend.  I was back in Texas  in 11 months

10 hours ago, RedHill said:

I had a friend that was evacuated yesterday.  His family is safe but he had to leave his dog   :(

This morning he got a guy in a boat to take him to his house and they got the dog.  My friend offered the guy $200 for his efforts, they guy refused to take a cent.   He was happy to help

Facebook Post from my brother to his son, today:

Happy 16th Birthday to my son TannerXXX! We probably aren't going to celebrate with cake and candles today thanks to Harvey! Your Birthday car is in our driveway but it's underwater, so we will have to regroup on that as well.

In light of our current situation and inability to hold to Birthday traditions, this will not be a normal Birthday. That's Ok cause you aren't a normal kid and that's a good thing! Your mom and I very proud of the young man you are becoming.

We'll do the normal celebration when things are back to normal hopefully that's before you turn 17!

Until then-

A very merry unbirthday to you,
To you, A very merry
Unbirthday to you,
To you,
It's great to
Drink to someone,
And I guess that
You will do,
A very merry
Unbirthday to you!

- The Mad Hatter!!!