Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Camping: Gear, Campgrounds, Food, Activities

Great set up! What park are you in? Did you take AddyFrogDog with you? I have that same mat and love that it keeps most of the dirt out of the camper.

Hey, NT. Give us a tour of the inside of the teardrop. I'm curious about the potty situation.

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Hey, NT. Give us a tour of the inside of the teardrop. I'm curious about the potty situation.

Will do when I have better cell service.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, crunch said:

I was at Rock the River foe awhile today. Its kinda like camping. Lotta Frogs.  Fyn time. 

Sonzds luk yu stil havun fuhn

giphy.gif

IMG3309.jpg

IMG3310.jpg

The bed is something between queen-size and king.  We added a matress topper - very comfortable and easy to stow.

IMG3311.jpg

IMG3312.jpg

When you're in a state park at 2am and it's raining, and there's a five minute walk to the restroom, this is nice to have.  (Uses real, actual water!)

IMG3314.jpg

I actually like having the shower more than the toilet.

IMG3315.jpg

We added the custom-sized cutting board for extra counter space.  We have a Coleman stove for cooking outdoors.  No need for the indoor cooktop yet.

IMG3316.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, this is hardly scenic, but it has nerd appeal.

5205CA9810E745478988.jpeg

I replaced the original 12v battery with two 6v’s hooked in series, which gives me considerably more battery life.

To make room for the extra battery, I had to downsize the propane tank from a 20 lb to a 10 lb, but considering that we’ve had the thing for 2 1/2 years and haven’t emptied the propane tank yet, I think we’ll have plenty.

Since this pic was taken in September, I’ve added a fancy-schmancy battery monitor and a solar charge controller, which will come in handy when I finally get around to buying solar panels...

• Upvote (+1) 1