Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RedHill

Win $2.5M scratch off. What happens?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Luke Chisolm said:

Surely someone has at least started their taxes by now and must realize the hole they are in....

 

What am I thinking...it’s only April 9th!

Come on, she's got eight more days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Luke Chisolm said:

Surely someone has at least started their taxes by now and must realize the hole they are in....

 

What am I thinking...it’s only April 9th!

 

 

I kid you not, April 15 will come and go as if it's just any other day.     She's thinking she already paid taxes and owes nothing,   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RedHill said:

 

 

I kid you not, April 15 will come and go as if it's just any other day.     She's thinking she already paid taxes and owes nothing,   

 

 

I'd innocently mention on the 18th (tax day is the 17th this yr) that not all the taxes are withheld off the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RedHill said:

 

 

I've been DYING to give her the news but wanted to wait until after tax day.   

 

Stay tuned!

No, don't. Let her find out for herself. Just try to be in the room with your phone when she does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RedHill said:

 

 

I kid you not, April 15 will come and go as if it's just any other day.     She's thinking she already paid taxes and owes nothing,   

Holy smokes. She’ll be back on the job at Hooters before you know it. 

 

What a shame. If she’d invested 75% of that money, she’d retire one day with millions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Luke Chisolm said:

Holy smokes. She’ll be back on the job at Hooters before you know it. 

 

What a shame. If she’d invested 75% of that money, she’d retire one day with millions. 

She did invest it! The Yetis, the race car, the pontoon boat, the dog, the tits, the toenails ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boston Frog said:

Is that her new house? 

 

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I get the info slowly and usually by eavesdropping and what's posted on FB and Instagram.  My wife does share bits and pieces because she dislikes Fancy so much.    Here's the latest on the new house.  The land that the 11 acre "ranch"  sits on has not been entirely paid for yet.  The guy selling the land is a friend of my step son and he is splitting the sale  in three stages (2017, 2018 & 2019) for tax reasons.   Fancy may have problems selling the property and just might have to accept the fact that my step sons "baby mama" lives the next street over.  I really can't see them starting the entire "ranch" thing all over again anyway.

 

The bacheloerette party is booked.  Fancy paid for the entire party and has the bridesmaids on a payment plan to pay her back.    What could go wrong here?  My step daughter (and bridesmaid) will not be attending.  Fancy's sister (Not So Fancy=NSF) will not be attending the bacheloerette party either.  NSF is a single mother with 2 kids that lives with her mother in a double wide trailer.   NSF has had to walk to work and back almost every day since her baby daddy left and took the car with him back in January.   NSF asked Fancy if she could help her buy a used car.  Fancy said she'd put $1,000 down on a car for NSF.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RedHill said:

The bacheloerette party is booked.  Fancy paid for the entire party and has the bridesmaids on a payment plan to pay her back.   

Cold. The "millionaire" wants to get paid back. It's a smart financial decision, but it still comes off as cold. Just have the party at a restaurant or something. 

 

Didn't Fancy buy her niece a car? And hasn't she taken her parents and grandparents on swanky vacations? What's with ignoring the sister? It seems egregious at this point. Her sister must hate her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

Cold. The "millionaire" wants to get paid back. It's a smart financial decision, but it still comes off as cold. Just have the party at a restaurant or something. 

 

Didn't Fancy buy her niece a car? And hasn't she taken her parents and grandparents on swanky vacations? What's with ignoring the sister? It seems egregious at this point. Her sister must hate her. 

 

 

Her brother feels the same way about Fancy.  When Fancy posted pics of their fancy vacations, her brother comments "Fu*k you" on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedHill said:

 

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I get the info slowly and usually by eavesdropping and what's posted on FB and Instagram.  My wife does share bits and pieces because she dislikes Fancy so much.    Here's the latest on the new house.  The land that the 11 acre "ranch"  sits on has not been entirely paid for yet.  The guy selling the land is a friend of my step son and he is splitting the sale  in three stages (2017, 2018 & 2019) for tax reasons.   Fancy may have problems selling the property and just might have to accept the fact that my step sons "baby mama" lives the next street over.  I really can't see them starting the entire "ranch" thing all over again anyway.

 

The bacheloerette party is booked.  Fancy paid for the entire party and has the bridesmaids on a payment plan to pay her back.    What could go wrong here?  My step daughter (and bridesmaid) will not be attending.  Fancy's sister (Not So Fancy=NSF) will not be attending the bacheloerette party either.  NSF is a single mother with 2 kids that lives with her mother in a double wide trailer.   NSF has had to walk to work and back almost every day since her baby daddy left and took the car with him back in January.   NSF asked Fancy if she could help her buy a used car.  Fancy said she'd put $1,000 down on a car for NSF.  

 

 

 

 

She is next level stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are so many downsides to winning the lottery.  I think few are able to handle it with the tact and wisdom that is required.  There will always be family members that will feel entitled to some of your new found wealth, despite never having done anything to deserve it.

Even if that money is earned with blood sweat and tears, some friends and family will feel like you owe them something because things always "came easy for you" or you had some advantage that they didn't have.

Bottom line, winning the lottery is not all it is cracked up to be.  It is even worse when you aren't smart enough to keep yourself out of trouble.  The likelihood of alienating good friends and family members is very high, even if you handle things well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tcudoc said:

There are so many downsides to winning the lottery.  I think few are able to handle it with the tact and wisdom that is required.  There will always be family members that will feel entitled to some of your new found wealth, despite never having done anything to deserve it.

Even if that money is earned with blood sweat and tears, some friends and family will feel like you owe them something because things always "came easy for you" or you had some advantage that they didn't have.

Bottom line, winning the lottery is not all it is cracked up to be.  It is even worse when you aren't smart enough to keep yourself out of trouble.  The likelihood of alienating good friends and family members is very high, even if you handle things well.

 

Well said.

 

And the majority of people that play on the regular (therefore the majority of winners) fall into this category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, tcudoc said:

There are so many downsides to winning the lottery.  I think few are able to handle it with the tact and wisdom that is required.  There will always be family members that will feel entitled to some of your new found wealth, despite never having done anything to deserve it.

Even if that money is earned with blood sweat and tears, some friends and family will feel like you owe them something because things always "came easy for you" or you had some advantage that they didn't have.

Bottom line, winning the lottery is not all it is cracked up to be.  It is even worse when you aren't smart enough to keep yourself out of trouble.  The likelihood of alienating good friends and family members is very high, even if you handle things well.

 

I read an article in the NY Times magazine many years ago (mid-'90s) about a woman who won Mass Millions lottery here. She was pretty successful, anyway. She had an MBA and a job in finance. But after she won the lottery, things got awkward. Some of them were little things, like her family not buying her gifts at Christmas anymore because they figured she didn't need anything or friends' expectations that she'd always pick up a check at a restaurant. Others were bigger--she was single, and once men found out she had won the lottery, they would feel intimidated by her money and stop dating her. It even affected her ability to move up at work. She didn't harm herself or anything, but she ended up pretty miserable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boston Frog said:

 

I read an article in the NY Times magazine many years ago (mid-'90s) about a woman who won Mass Millions lottery here. She was pretty successful, anyway. She had an MBA and a job in finance. But after she won the lottery, things got awkward. Some of them were little things, like her family not buying her gifts at Christmas anymore because they figured she didn't need anything or friends' expectations that she'd always pick up a check at a restaurant. Others were bigger--she was single, and once men found out she had won the lottery, they would feel intimidated by her money and stop dating her. It even affected her ability to move up at work. She didn't harm herself or anything, but she ended up pretty miserable. 

 

pics...

 

 

But for real. It's a lot like these athletes who hit it big. I'm sure it could be Isolating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RedHill said:

 

 

BTW, Mr.  eX  has not paid a cent on his $50k loan. 

 

My stepson has paid off $8k of his fathers $50k debt. 

 

The $50k race horse loan has been paid off

Now, who borrowed the money for the horse? I'm totally blanking on that one. Also, does she keep all her financing information in her head or does she have some kind of spreadsheet in her phone or whatnot? She's got so many irons in the fire, how does she keep it all straight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×