Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

The TCU Variety Thread

Recommended Posts

The first class of the new medical school is in the house!

 

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OT: Does anyone in FW know if McKinney Bible Church has changed their name? I'm updating the Gameday Info Forum and when I try to look up McBC at their former address, I get something called Doxology Church. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

OT: Does anyone in FW know if McKinney Bible Church has changed their name? I'm updating the Gameday Info Forum and when I try to look up McBC at their former address, I get something called Doxology Church. Thanks.

 

https://www.doxology.church/doxologyfaq

 

Looks like they changed their name in June. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

 

https://www.doxology.church/doxologyfaq

 

Looks like they changed their name in June. 

Thanks for finding that. Actually, they changed the name in October last year. I guess TCU is going to continue calling the parking lot McKinney Bible Church. lol

 

Free Game Parking



• Tailgating IS NOT ALLOWED at these lots.
 
McKinney Bible Church (Additional Info | Directions)
4805 Arborlawn Dr, Fort Worth, TX 76109
Number of parking spaces: 929

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:30 PM, PurpleDawg said:

OT: Does anyone in FW know if McKinney Bible Church has changed their name? I'm updating the Gameday Info Forum and when I try to look up McBC at their former address, I get something called Doxology Church. Thanks.

It is listed as Doxology in the fan guide the school sends out.

  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Endless Purple said:

It is listed as Doxology in the fan guide the school sends out.

 

Doctsology really would've been a better name.

  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TCU took a big drop in the US News college rankings.  All the way down to #97.  I believe that's 10-15 spots lower than TCU was last year.  My guess is that the cost has driven away more of the good students and they're filling in with lesser students who can pay.  I know for a fact they are taking kids with ACT scores lower than 50th percentile who are willing to pay full freight and have connections.  Plus, they significantly decreased merit based financial aid.  Supposedly they are shifting the focus to need based aid.

 

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/tcu-3636

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun! Check out the other episodes, too.

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw on the Gofrogs football page, they are offering a mini plan for the UT, BU, and WVU games.  Sucks because it works out to $50 per game which is the same per game that full season ticket holders paid for APB, SMU and Kansas.  Maybe I should have just picked up mini plans each season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Endless Purple said:

Saw on the Gofrogs football page, they are offering a mini plan for the UT, BU, and WVU games.  Sucks because it works out to $50 per game which is the same per game that full season ticket holders paid for APB, SMU and Kansas.  Maybe I should have just picked up mini plans each season.

 

Where are you seeing this? I'm interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 5 bowl projections:

 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27727342/college-football-bowl-projections-week-5

 

Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl
NRG Stadium, Houston
Dec. 27, 6:45 p.m., ESPN

Bonagura: Texas A&M vs. Kansas State
Schlabach: TCU vs. Texas A&M

 

 

Cheez-It Bowl
Chase Field, Phoenix
Dec. 27, 10:15 p.m., ESPN

Bonagura: Washington State vs. TCU
Schlabach: Iowa State vs. USC

 

 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...