Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

The TCU Variety Thread

Horsey girls beat Baylor to make the Finals!

• Like (+1) 2

Life & Leadership: TCU’s Donati With Tailgate Guys’ Duffey

TCU Director of Athletics, Jeremiah Donati, and Parker Duffey, President & CEO of Tailgate Guys, sit down for AthleticDirectorU to discuss life and leadership. The two review Donati’s background as a sports agent and the importance mentors play in career development. Donati & Duffey also talk about traits they look for when bringing new employees into their respective organizations. The conversation closes with a discussion on how to prioritize time with family.

https://www.athleticdirectoru.com/video/life-leadership-donati-tcu-tailgate-guys-duffey/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really great article by John Henry about ex-TCU DE Chad McCarty and his run for FW school board Place 2. After he graduated TCU with his master's degree in education administration, he worked his way up to become principal at his former HS, Eastern Hills. After four years working there, he quit to begin a business with two other school administrators serving the kids he saw were falling through the cracks. They are providing work-for-pay for at-risk students while they learn a trade and earn a diploma through the group's automotive repair business. These kids have responsibilities as wage earners in their homes and many were skipping school to work in legitimate jobs, or finding other ways to make money illegally.

AutoDuco, an automotive maintenance and repair shop in Mansfield, is designed to have four high school age apprentices assigned to each technician. While they’re learning a trade and income, they’re also working on their high school diploma through an internet-based home-school program.

The school district did offer a similar program, but not for the kids most vulnerable. That is, those not eligible for the programs because of attendance or behavioral issues.

“We try to hire young people that are having a tough time getting a foothold in society,” McCarty said. “We were tired, myself and my business partners … we got tired of kicking out the same kids. All of them had the same answers as to why they were doing things: ‘We need to find a way to make some money.’”

If you live on the east side of FW and can vote in the Place 2 school board election, perhaps you should consider our Frog candidate. CGP would vote for him: “I would definitely back him,” said Patterson, who doesn’t live within Place 2’s east-side boundaries. “I like honest people. He’s an honest person who works hard. He believes in kids. For me, those three things are all of the qualities that would be great for someone running for school board.”

https://www.pressboxdfw.com/tcu-ex-mccarty-now-trying-to-force-school-board-turnover/

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

So everyone doesn't forget, the baseball team is not the only frog team in action today.  Men's golf has round 2 of the NCAA championships today.  Round 1 sucked finishing at +23 and tied for 24th place out of 30.  The good news is that Baylor is 29th.  Ok St is in first.  With the start of the second round today, Ok St has jumped to a big lead over everyone else.  Frogs don't start today until later this afternoon.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Day two of golf, TCU finished in 20th place, having moved up a few spots.  It could have been much better as they were -5 at one point but finished the day at +7 strokes.  This is the final day to move into the top 15.

Ok St is in first by 22 strokes.  OU is tied with Stanford for 2nd.

Not fully sure how the golf format works, but after today only the top 15 teams move on to Monday.  TCU went even with par to move from 20th to 10th.  The men will be continuing play on Monday.

• Like (+1) 3

After today’s medal play round, the top 8 teams advance to match play to determine the national championship.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

I just love this young man, he's such an inspiration!

Proud that he's a Horn Frog!

Me too! 

• Like (+1) 1