Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

The TCU Variety Thread

Kappa Sigs arrested for hazing.

https://www.tcu360.com/2018/09/two-students-arrested-on-hazing-charges/

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article218683030.html

Two freshmen pledges were ordered to take 10 to 15 drinks of vodka and eat expired guacamole during a hazing incident at TCU, according to an arrest warrant.

One pledge ultimately blacked out, while the second was left intoxicated in his dorm room, according to the warrant.

TCU students Christopher Barksdale and Andrew Walker, both 19, have been arrested and face hazing charges, according to jail records and the arrest warrant obtained by the Star-Telegram on Wednesday.

Walker remains a student at TCU while Barksdale is a former student, according to TCU officials.

University officials are conducting an investigation, and Kappa Sigma was the only fraternity implicated in the incident.

“National headquarters and Texas Christian University have suspended all activity by Kappa Sigma until the investigation is complete,” said TCU spokeswoman Holly Ellman in an email Wednesday.

It was at least the third reported hazing incident at the university since 2016. In December 2017, the Delta Tau Delta fraternity chapter at TCU was suspended for hazing, according to the fraternity’s national office.

In 2016, the Phi Kappa Sigma fraternity at TCU was shut down after reports of drug dealing and possession of guns surfaced.

The warrant gave this brief account of the reported hazing incident:

Barksdale lived at the TCU Kappa Sigma chapter house, and Walker lived at the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house.

The pledges were ordered to the Kappa Sigma fraternity house on Sept. 3 and told to bring a “handle” of Tito’s vodka. A “handle” refers to a 1.75 liter bottle of vodka. The order was sent by a text message from a cell phone owned by Barksdale.

The pledges arrived shortly after 4 p.m. on Sept. 3 with a bottle of vodka.

The freshmen were introduced to Walker and a sorority member, and directed to Barksdale’s room on the second floor

Barksdale called one pledge into a bathroom, handed him a beer and told him to drink the beer as fast as possible.

After that, Barksdale emptied a bottle of decorative sprinkles, and the pledges were ordered to sort them. If they failed to complete the task in a timely manner, they were forced to drink vodka. Barksdale and Walker yelled at the pledges as they tried to sort the sprinkles and ordered them to drink vodka.

The pledges were ordered to drink from the bottle of vodka between 10 to 15 times. Walker and Barksdale made them drink as long as they were counting, according to the warrant.

Both pledges were forced to eat expired guacamole.

One pledge was later found unconscious in Barksdale’s room and another Kappa Sigma member believed that pledge had died. Members called an ambulance and the pledge was taken to a hospital.

That pledge “only remembers waking up in the hospital,” according to the warrant. His blood alcohol level was found to be at a potentially lethal concentration.

The second pledge was walked to his dorm room and left intoxicated.

The pledges were being hazed because they wanted to become formal members of Kappa Sigma fraternity, according to the warrant.

42 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

TCU ties it up in the 69th minute.

nice 

8 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Lee Greenwood is the parent of a freshman  Frog 

And he's 75.  I thought I was old when we had our last kid but at least I'll have everyone out of college before I'm Medicare eligible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

And he's 75.  I thought I was old when we had our last kid but at least I'll have everyone out of college before I'm Medicare eligible. 

His wife looked good (and alot younger?) from what I could see from the stands

3 minutes ago, TCaliU said:

His wife looked good (and alot younger?) from what I could see from the stands

Based on what little I know about human biology, I think it is safe to remove the question mark.

According to Wikipedia, his wife was Miss Tennessee in 1989, which assuming she was 20-ish then would make her roughly 50 now ...

8 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

Biggest event in TCU history?

I think you forget the Reed Hall Flasher ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I think you forget the Reed Hall Flasher ...

None of this matters when Earl Anderson is on campus