Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

The TCU Variety Thread

2 hours ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

From my perspective, it was always that way.  I know there's more buildings now than there was in my day (mid 80s), and as a CompSci guy, I spent most of my time in Winton-Scott and Sid Richardson.  I missed out on the Tucker Technology Center.  :(  The way I see it, Reed was the only 'classroom' building west of University, and then you have Landreth and Bailey.  And the Ranch Mgt folks.  Couple more buildings over by Landreth now.

Computer Science?  Ever play racket ball with Dr. Tom Nute?  The man was a maniac.  Dr. Bonnie Melhart was my mentor who got me through.  Drs. Comer and Rinewalt, not so much.  I'm drawing a blank on the name of a favorite professor.  He passed away very young.  Was a University of New Mexico alumnus.  Very sad when he got sick and vanished so quickly. 

4 minutes ago, AlohaFrog said:

Computer Science?  Ever play racket ball with Dr. Tom Nute?  The man was a maniac.  Dr. Bonnie Melhart was my mentor who got me through.  Drs. Comer and Rinewalt, not so much.  I'm drawing a blank on the name of a favorite professor.  He passed away very young.  Was a University of New Mexico alumnus.  Very sad when he got sick and vanished so quickly. 

Racquetball, no, but I remember Nute.  Comer as well.  Melhart and Rinewalt were after my time.

57 minutes ago, crunch said:

There is an underground walkway between West side and East side.  

Rumor has it that a certain SMU running back would deposit a dead hooker there after every game at TCU.  However, no matter how much evidence is found, it is completely untrue that Craig James killed 5 hookers while at SMU.

32 minutes ago, HFrog1999 said:

Rumor has it that a certain SMU running back would deposit a dead hooker there after every game at TCU.  However, no matter how much evidence is found, it is completely untrue that Craig James killed 5 hookers while at SMU.

I was at TCU during the CJ killing spree.  I never saw a dead hooker in the underground passage.  Saw lots of water barrels, though.  

11 minutes ago, crunch said:

I was at TCU during the CJ killing spree.  I never saw a dead hooker in the underground passage.  Saw lots of water barrels, though.  

See what I mean?  It's not true that Craig James killed 5 hookers while he was at SMU and hid the bodies on away games in hidden passages underneath various SWC schools. 

1 hour ago, crunch said:

Yeah, thats not an underground walkway.  Thats a bomb shelter.  And for multiple reasons impractical for use for pedestrians.

1 hour ago, HFrog1999 said:

See what I mean?  It's not true that Craig James killed 5 hookers while he was at SMU and hid the bodies on away games in hidden passages underneath various SWC schools. 

It's not that it's not true that Craig James killed 5 hookers while in SMU...it's just that there's no evidence that craig james killed five hookers while at SMU.

1 hour ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

Yeah, thats not an underground walkway.  Thats a bomb shelter.  And for multiple reasons impractical for use for pedestrians.

I walked from Clark Hall to the Library to the Religion complex with no problem.

29 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Taking my little sister to the TCU/ UT game here in a few weeks. She finished her application earlier this month. Fingers crossed she gets in!

Lock.