Sign in to follow this  
Newbomb Turk

2017 TCU Baseball - The Season of the Omaha Four-peat Thread

Had to wait for at least one out in the bottom of the ninth before I felt comfortable asking for the check.  Might have to remember to take my tablet out to eat with me so I can post during the game.

Oh yeah, great game Frogs.  3 more to go just like that (except for the giving up tying runs right after we take the lead).

1 minute ago, Endless Purple said:

Had to wait for at least one out in the bottom of the ninth before I felt comfortable asking for the check.  Might have to remember to take my tablet out to eat with me so I can post during the game.

Oh yeah, great game Frogs.  3 more to go just like that (except for the giving up tying runs right after we take the lead).

Wings again?

which hooters do you go to?

Reviewed some of the pitching from the past games.  Looks like most people should be available except Wymer.  Hopefully we won't need everyone, but good to know we are not hurting from lack of available pitching.  The big lead tonight really helped in this area.

13 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

Just watched the press conference.  Florida coach doesn't seem to be a very nice guy.  Have thought that watching them play this week.  Was very confident going into tom.  Hoping we can shut them down again, but Fido is really good.  

I was thinking the same thing about their coach, too Just looks like he's a jerk. 

23 minutes ago, Luke Chisolm said:

I was thinking the same thing about their coach, too Just looks like he's a jerk. 

From what I've read he's one of those that "demands" perfection in the absence of perfect support, teaching, and perfection on his own part. That is something outsiders miss about LHCGP. He seems to have both sides of the equation down. Not all, perhaps not even very many, perfectionists do.

Frogs’ offense breaks through against Florida, forces second CWS semifinal

Friday, June 23, 2017

Carlos Mendez, Fort Worth Star-Telegram

--Evan Skoug and TCU earned another day in Omaha.

But it’s not enough.

“I don’t want another bad day in Omaha,” the Horned Frogs catcher said after knocking in three runs with a double in a 9-2 victory against Florida on Friday night at the College World Series, forcing a second semifinal against the Gators for a berth in the championship series.

“Now that we’re so close, we know what it feels like to be in the final four and get kicked out,” Skoug said. “We have that taste in our mouth, and I think that’s going to help us, because it brings us to a sense of urgency.”

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article158009854.html