Sign in to follow this  
SuperToad

One Night at Whataburger...

6 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article128332579.html

Cops called to the Whataburger on Berry St after report of a fight. Fight was broken up by the time the cops got there, but still proceeded to arrest 5 people including Hicks, two former players (Henderson and Baltimore), and two women for public intox.

Great.

Screw that. Let Hicks suffer the consequences. Either he gets kicked off, or he has the wrath of CGP to deal with. While I hope it is the second option, if it is bad enough to warrant the first, it is probably for the best.

Let the Brazos be the cesspool that it is from the two schools that pollute it, and keep them far away from the other waterways in the state. Especially the Trinity.

Just now, Feeling Froggy said:

Screw that. Let Hicks suffer the consequences. Either he gets kicked off, or he has the wrath of CGP to deal with. While I hope it is the second option, if it is bad enough to warrant the first, it is probably for the best.

Let the Brazos be the cesspool that it is from the two schools that pollute it, and keep them far away from the other waterways in the state. Especially the Trinity.

Patterson is definitely going to tear him a new one. But in the grand scheme of things, it's just a PI. You could give every single person a PI in that Whataburger around 2 am. Not trying to make excuses, but we're talking about drinking aged college kids. I think it was a little extreme to charge all of them considering the "fight" was over by the time the cops showed up. 

6 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

Patterson is definitely going to tear him a new one. But in the grand scheme of things, it's just a PI. You could give every single person a PI in that Whataburger around 2 am. Not trying to make excuses, but we're talking about drinking aged college kids. I think it was a little extreme to charge all of them considering the "fight" was over by the time the cops showed up. 

Agreed. Why I'm not terribly concerned about it, and the result should be a much more focused (and healthier by the time he runs off/pukes out the Whataburger) Kyle Hicks.

The Baylor way is never the right way.

If PI is the extent of our worries with law enforcement, I'm ok with that. I don't like it, but it's so far removed from sexual assault or domestic violence that other programs deal with. I expect Mr. Hicks will be much more careful next time, as will the rest of the team after seeing the punishment GMFP dishes out to him. 

I certainly dont WANT Hicks suspended, but given the circumstances - whatever we make think of the level of indiscretion, the guy was arrested and embarrassed the program - it would be an appropriate punishment.  And with our friends to the south still digging holes for themselves, it also behooves GMFP to continue to play it cleaner than them.

And let's face it, given that RB is arguably our deepest position, and the opener is against Jackson State, it wouldnt exactly put the team in a huge bind.