Sign in to follow this  
SuperToad

Liberty Bowl: TCU v. Georgia, Dec 30 @ 11:00AM

5 minutes ago, RicketyFrog said:

Excuses like these don't get you far in sports....or life.

Disagree. Doing the very best you can with the means at hand probably gets you farther on average than any other strategy than cheating. In sports...and in life.

• Upvote (+1) 2

13 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

This is helpful? Quoting you about KH, "These kinds of comments are completely undeserved...".

I disagree in that he completed deserves those comments.

21 minutes ago, FeistyFrog said:

I disagree in that he completed deserves those comments.

I doubt he deserves to be labeled "psycho kicker", Feisty. Come on. The kid's probably 19 years old. Show some empathy for someone doing his best in a tough situation. People making comments like yours don't help him excel. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PurpleDawg said:

I doubt he deserves to be labeled "psycho kicker", Feisty. Come on. The kid's probably 19 years old. Show some empathy for someone doing his best in a tough situation. People making comments like yours don't help him excel. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I didn't know you could do a better job than Hatfield, Feisty. Obviously, that's what this is about. I'm sure in a competition vs. reedfrawg, you'd kick his butt, (pun intended). The Groza people got it all wrong. Carry on. 

2 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I didn't know you could do a better job than Hatfield, Feisty. Obviously, that's what this is about. I'm sure in a competition vs. reedfrawg, you'd kick his butt, (pun intended). The Groza people got it all wrong. Carry on. 

Thats not very helpful.

25 minutes ago, FeistyFrog said:

Thats not very helpful.

Neither are your comments. 

Comment about his stats all you want. They are not good. Maybe even comment on objectively why you think they are bad. Comment how Gary/Russell were "psycho" idiots for letting the situation arise in the first place--they get paid big bucks to make sure everything is covered which clearly is not the case. Maybe even comment on why we don't even have a dedicated, single responsibility special teams coach. A director listed 1 level above graduate assistant  and below every other specialty coach on the TO is probably not as core a coach as the team should have IMO. Especially when special teams have been a team weakness for years now one way or another.

But cut the personal "psycho" comments about the individual student athlete no matter how justified you think they are by seeing the same sorts of drivel on Twitter. Twitter comments really aren't much of a justification for nasty behavior.

• Upvote (+1) 2

On 12/31/2016 at 9:43 AM, RicketyFrog said:

Getting spoiled. Can't remember the last time I felt this broody after a season.

EDIT: And dear lord GP, please comb the countryside and find a kicker.

They started the search in Lubbock

x9nKXfI.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

16 hours ago, $mooth said:

Err....  have you met @reedfrawg?

Yes, to my great delight, I have. I don't know if the Groza award also has a character component, but if so, he'd have won for his integrity, too. You'd never hear reedfrawg making derogatory comments about the kickers even though he could most likely still get out there and make a 53 yard FG today. 

1 hour ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Disagree. Doing the very best you can with the means at hand probably gets you farther on average than any other strategy than cheating. In sports...and in life.

No, cheating works really really  well.

The kicking has been bad this year. The fact that circumstances have dictated that our remaining kickers are substandard as a result does not change that,  nor does the fact that none of us here currently have a Groza award on our mantle.

4 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

The kicking has been bad this year. The fact that circumstances have dictated that our remaining kickers are substandard as a result does not change that,  nor does the fact that none of us here currently have a Groza award on our mantle.

Too bad we don't have a Men's soccer team to recruit kickers from 

#thankstitleix

• Upvote (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Hfrog1999 said:

Too bad we don't have a Men's soccer team to recruit kickers from 

#thankstitleix

We have a womens team.

#TexasStateArmadillos

• Upvote (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Radio Shack Killa said:

We have a womens team.

#TexasStateArmadillos

e02223f16ccf680cfbeaf49791728fd6.jpg

9 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

I don't think kicking should be a part of the game just because of what happened to us this season. The guys that work the hardest in practice get screwed by those that don't. And don't kid yourselves, kickers have it easy.

Football should change so that teams have to go for 2 points after td's, no fg's, and punting after touchdowns. Get rid of the worthless kicking game altogether.

3 hours ago, RicketyFrog said:

I don't think kicking should be a part of the game just because of what happened to us this season. The guys that work the hardest in practice get screwed by those that don't. And don't kid yourselves, kickers have it easy.

Football should change so that teams have to go for 2 points after td's, no fg's, and punting after touchdowns. Get rid of the worthless kicking game altogether.

Intriguing post. How about no kicking at all? No punts. Offense starts at the 20 after a TD. 

12 hours ago, RicketyFrog said:

Let's go back to Ironman football. Then the kickers would be position players and it'd be more interesting 

• Upvote (+1) 1