Sign in to follow this  
SuperToad

Liberty Bowl: TCU v. Georgia, Dec 30 @ 11:00AM

At least we curb stomped Baylor, Burner. Made the season a success for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Burner said:

Cleaned some things up today. Not too many penalties, Hill was pretty good, some great catches by Diarse. Two turnovers, but I credit Georgia for stripping the ball. Lost the game because we couldn't tackle and the offensive line was dominated at times. Maybe some questionable play calls, didn't get Turp touches hardly at all.

We finish with a worse record that Baylor. Bummer.

TV said Broadnax wouldn't play but didn't say he was injured. Hope he didn't get in trouble.

H2H!!!!!! H2H!!!!!!!!

Honestly glad this disaster of a season is over. I need a nice, long break from TCU football. 

21 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

At least we curb stomped Baylor, Burner. Made the season a success for me.

Beating Baylor and Texas on the road made for a couple of high points. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully some leadership shows up during the offseason. The team is in desperate need of it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

Hopefully some leadership shows up during the offseason. The team is in desperate need of it. 

Kenny Hill is the opposite of leader. I fear next season will be worse, unless he gets beat out and silenced in the locker room.

They certainly didn't lose the game for TCU, but I was disappointed in the PAC 12 officials, especially the missed face mask call.  That is officiating 101.  At least 3 times there was no foul for GA's 12th player not getting off the field prior to the snap.  Deep flank's job, and if missed, RO can call it from the booth.  Oh, well.  Can't always be perfect. I'm damn sure aware of that!

• Upvote (+1) 5

The Sun Belt crews can really call a game. They are the officials' officials.

• Upvote (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

The Sun Belt crews can really call a game. They are the officials' officials.

Actually, they had 3 bowl games and did a good job. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Horny Toad said:

This season sucked, but at least we didn't have a massive rape-enabling scandal bring down our program!  Suck it Baylor!

Yeah, I'll take being 6-7 over being totally screwed, no joke intended 

1 minute ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Well....At least the moose chili was first rate.

I'm in the ER with my wife. She's OK. She just caught a bad stomach bug and needed an IV. Not sad to have missed the end of the game. 

21 minutes ago, Boston Frog said:

I'm in the ER with my wife. She's OK. She just caught a bad stomach bug and needed an IV. Not sad to have missed the end of the game. 

Poor Mrs. BostonFrog. I hope she feels better fast.

5 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Poor Mrs. BostonFrog. I hope she feels better fast.

We're on our way home. She'll be OK. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Game was cold on the TCU side (no sunshine). Not much energy from the fans or the team. 

So far, fans from both teams have been great. TCU fans have been very social. TCU band/cheerleaders/showgirls did very well at the pep rally (lots of UGA comments about how much better our squad was and that our girls are prettier) 

Btw, John Denton sounded like a creeper yesterday at the pep rally talking about how hot the showgirls are. 

Getting spoiled. Can't remember the last time I felt this broody after a season.

EDIT: And dear lord GP, please comb the countryside and find a kicker.

Regarding the kicking, I will point out:

1. TCU had to rely on a walk on kicker who was not expected to ever play.

2. The walk on did the best he could, which occasionally was pretty outstanding.

3. The walk on had the most pressure on him of any position except QB.

4. The walk on will forever be a TCU letterman.

• Upvote (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, AlohaFrog said:

2. The walk on did the best he could, which occasionally was pretty outstanding.

This. I'm so tired of hearing people beat up the poor kid. There's this FB group that I somehow joined called TCU Frog Talk and all it is apparently is a group of folks who like to bash the athletes for poor play. They are relentless at calling out the kids by name and saying very, very vile things about them. These are not professional athletes we watch on the field. Some people don't get the concept of STUDENT-ATHLETE, I guess. They go to class and have academic responsibilities, as well as, athletic responsibilities. Sure, be disappointed that the team lost, but keep it in perspective. As if any of us could get out there and do a better job! /rant

• Upvote (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

As if any of us could get out there and do a better job! /rant

Err....  have you met @reedfrawg?

On 12/30/2016 at 3:21 PM, Vlade Divac said:

Kenny Hill is the opposite of leader. I fear next season will be worse, unless he gets beat out and silenced in the locker room.

Completely disagree, he threw a very catch able ball to Slanina that could have made it 1st and goal (ended up with missed FG after the missed catch) and he went directly at Slanina, gave him a hand shake and said it was his fault. Hill is a kid much different than Boykin but much respected by the players and coaches and leads in a very different way.

Kid gets a lot of abuse on these boards and definitely can improve but these kind of comments are completely undeserved by him.

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

This. I'm so tired of hearing people beat up the poor kid. There's this FB group that I somehow joined called TCU Frog Talk and all it is apparently is a group of folks who like to bash the athletes for poor play. They are relentless at calling out the kids by name and saying very, very vile things about them. These are not professional athletes we watch on the field. Some people don't get the concept of STUDENT-ATHLETE, I guess. They go to class and have academic responsibilities, as well as, athletic responsibilities. Sure, be disappointed that the team lost, but keep it in perspective. As if any of us could get out there and do a better job! /rant

I get it he is probably the 3rd option but 1st available. Not sure what the coaches see in him but he freaks, he is not a clutch guy at all. Basically he needs to suck it up and head off into the sunset where he will be quickly forgotten cause he cost us 3 games at least this year.

Ragging on him for trying his best probably not great but psycho kicker needs to take a hike.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

46 minutes ago, FeistyFrog said:

I get it he is probably the 3rd option but 1st available. Not sure what the coaches see in him but he freaks, he is not a clutch guy at all. Basically he needs to suck it up and head off into the sunset where he will be quickly forgotten cause he cost us 3 games at least this year.

Ragging on him for trying his best probably not great but psycho kicker needs to take a hike.

This is helpful? Quoting you about KH, "These kinds of comments are completely undeserved...".

• Upvote (+1) 3

5 hours ago, FeistyFrog said:

Completely disagree, he threw a very catch able ball to Slanina that could have made it 1st and goal (ended up with missed FG after the missed catch) and he went directly at Slanina, gave him a hand shake and said it was his fault. Hill is a kid much different than Boykin but much respected by the players and coaches and leads in a very different way.

Kid gets a lot of abuse on these boards and definitely can improve but these kind of comments are completely undeserved by him.

One play does not make a season. He shrugged and laughed off mistakes all season. He looks as if he doesn't enjoy the game out there. That may just be his style, but it's not an effective style, especially for a QB on a team that desperately needs a leader. 

Aside from that, he never came up with the big play when we needed it. This was his junior season. If it's not clicking yet, it's not going to. He may be the best we have now and next year, but TCU should expect more. 

Also, it's not abuse. It's someone's honest observation. He's old enough and been through enough that it shouldn't break him. If it does, then life is going to be very hard. 

15 hours ago, AlohaFrog said:

Excuses like these don't get you far in sports....or life.